FTX AI AU Textures in DX10

Reachva

Hey all,

I have recently made the switch to using DX10 full time and I have to say I very much enjoy the smoothness and better shading it gives (and that water!).

I have noticed that some of the AI models however show the usual issue of no textures being displayed. I have fixed this on my flyable skyspirit models by converting the textures and I'm guessing that I have to do the same here.

My main issue however is finding the particular aircraft that are having issues. The REX Saab 340s are easy enough to fix but theres a mysterious RR powered A330 sitting at Melbournes T2 when you set the sim time to just day. Anybody have any idea which one that is? Most of the other A330s I've seen don't have any issues so it has to be specific to that livery.

Any help?

Alright I got it, textures have been upgraded and now show fine. Might eventually upgrade all the FTX AI aircraft just to be on the safe side, it's not all that hard to do really given I already do this stuff when repainting.

• 1 month later...

I am getting the *EXACT* same issue on multiple aircraft while in DirecX 10 mode as well. I will attempt to identify the aircraft which I am currently seeing at all times of the day at CYSE, Squamish, in British Columbia Canada. It never was an issue because I never bothered with DirectX 10 mode. However, after a few nice chaps released a shader update package that corrects the bugs that used to be present in DirectX 10 preview mode, and after discovering FSX in DirectX 10 looks spectacular with Sweet FX installed, I made the switch too.

• 1 month later...

Alright I got it, textures have been upgraded and now show fine. Might eventually upgrade all the FTX AI aircraft just to be on the safe side, it's not all that hard to do really given I already do this stuff when repainting.

Hi raptorva, I am not sure if I understood you right: Did you find a way to get the white AI planes coloured in DX10? And if so, how to do this?

Archived