Longview to Lands Inn

Magnus Almgren

Took off from Longview with a very nice Seabee

post-1875-0-84471700-1358454212_thumb.jp

Landed at Lands Inn after an annoyingly slow climb - but I finally made it straight in

post-1875-0-88504100-1358454221_thumb.jp

Grabbed a beer with Greg and Ken... Lots of fun!!!

post-1875-0-56234600-1358454241_thumb.jp

Got a little late and had to do a eye surgery before trying the attempt to land on the water strip again at Longview in rather "dark" conditions...

post-1875-0-20260600-1358454257_thumb.jp

post-1875-0-37059800-1358454265_thumb.jp

post-1875-0-51469500-1358454281_thumb.jp

Todays mission=

Try landing a seaplane at Longview Waterstrip in "late" dusk or night

Thanks guys!

Awesome shots my friend, and I'll have to try your mission out myself :)

Yes try it - it's hard and the only lead point is the fade light on the end of water strip... It is not easy!

you did survive the landing in one piece ? ;)

Yes I did - and that with a plane without landing lights! ;-)

Btw, do you happen to have Accu feel 2, it makes landings on water so much more realistic

a dusk flight there would be very scenic and with accu-feel the water would be so much more realistic.

thanks for sharing them gonna try the night flight myself, I have accufeel and I rekon it's gonna be a nail biter

Excellent shots Magnus. Btw, do you happen to have Accu feel 2, it makes landings on water so much more realistic

Yes I have and water felt very good. Although I got a micro stall just before landing...felt really spooky with Accufeel2... It was so dark that I could not watch the instruments. Must have been really slow before touchdown. The plane came to a stop very quickly.

a dusk flight there would be very scenic and with accu-feel the water would be so much more realistic.

thanks for sharing them gonna try the night flight myself, I have accufeel and I rekon it's gonna be a nail biter

Hi my Friend! Please let me know how it went. The Seabee is very dark in the cockpit - meaning the windows are not 100% clear - so it was even darker from pilot position. But it's a really cool challenge!

Archived