York & Scarborough - Pic request please

andrew22222

Hi,

Don't mean to be cheeky but any chance someone could take some screenshots if they take a flight near York or Scarborough. Just curious how they are both represented. Have to wait another 3 months before I can install P3D again and join in the fun ???

Many thanks,

Andrew

Hi teecee,

I lived there for 15 years before heading across to Canada. It's funny how you just want to see what your old towns look like in the flight sim even though we can fly around Google earth etc. I remember first getting the photo scenery but soon grew tired as it was all flat with no autogen. Better than the FSX default though.

You been back to York at all over the previous years?

Sinamuab, many thanks for taking the time to get shots of the areas. Really appreciate it.

Regarding the last shot, perhaps it's just how the autogen/textures works. Unless someone goes in there specifically and put some castle remains on the hill I reckon It'll just get covered in farmland or houses.

Same as the Lake District shots I've seen so far. There are no trees or farmland what so ever on the higher slopes in real life so probably get the default cover unless more detail is given.

I think we got too accustomed to our previous photo coverage :wacko:

Archived