FTXconfiguration has stopped working

Tony Wroblewski

I recently went back to FSX after using P3D for some time, and I can no longer run FTX Central to change my region, although the scenery from PNW does still seem to work. It begins running, and then pops up and says "FTXConfigurator has stopped working", the error message is as below:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: ftxconfigurator.exe

Problem Signature 02: 8.2.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 4e4b9e53

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4ba22001

Problem Signature 07: 3dac

Problem Signature 08: 106

Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 0f61

Additional Information 2: 0f619a611ea2925f0bcd789924354f28

Additional Information 3: a200

Additional Information 4: a200def4ed1ec72350e16e74c9a2c611

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I'm not sure what is causing this, as it was working fine last time I used FSX about 3 months ago.

Hi Tony,

odd error but I notice the line "System.IO.FileNotFoundException". Can you check whether FTXConfigurator.exe actually exists in the \Orbx\Scripts folder? Also, if you haven't used FSX in several months you want to install the latest Orbx Libraries: https://www.fullterr...t.html#orbxlibs . Among lots of updates that package also includes a copy of FTXConfigurator.exe in case your went missing.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

Yes it definitely exists, I have also ran FTXConfigurator.exe by itself, and it throws the same error. I installed the latest OrbX libs, and reinstalled NZNI (As this was only present in P3D), and I still get the error.

Seems strange, as I haven't touched the installation or even ran FSX for at least 3 months, as I've using P3D. I never had any issues before.

Archived