Popular Australian PC componant stores?

andrew22222

Hi,

Just curious as to which stores the Australian members here use for their new PC parts?

I was comparing prices of processors, Graphics Cards, Motherboards etc with some of the US websites I've used in the past and I don't see a massive difference in prices. Certainly not enough to justify buying a new computer before heading out there and taking the chance of getting stung with import tax because I haven't owned the gear for more than a year.

I was in Queensland a month ago and couldn't believe how cheap the large TV's were in various stores. Always thought Australians had a hard time over imported electronics but it's pretty comparable with Canada & the US and the wages in Australia are better.

The only really expensive thing seemed to be coffee as they don't offer regular 'drip'.

Thanks,

Andrew

Many thanks for the links. I'll bookmark them.

From the few I just checked the difference in price seems to be approx and extra $20 - $30 on top of US prices for the more expensive items. Not bad at all really ;)

Although I'll add that I'll probably get the PC case over here and ship it as they are obviously more expensive given the size of a Fractal Design Define XL Black Pearl.

Archived