Some North American AI Traffic on the way

The first stage of the FTX NA AI Traffic pack is almost finished and will be in the hands of the Beta testers early next week. This first stage provides GA AI from small Cessnas and Pipers up to the larger business jets and covers all the Orbx PNW area plus all the Orbx NA payware and freeware airports.

Here is a small sample of the 600 or so AI aircraft included in the package.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow!! Are these new-build AI aircraft? And is there a way to remove the static aircraft from FTX airports? That P-3 looks especially sweet.

Most are existing models however one or two developers have kindly tweaked them a little for this package. About 400 of the repaints have been done for this pack and are exclusive to Orbx.

No need to worry about the Statics. This package is designed to fit in and around the already placed static aircraft.

That looks great! Just keeps getting better all the time.

I think ORBX traffic will be much better than what I now have with comercial traffic packages.

If I may ask. How does this AI package deal with UT2 or My Traffic; will ORBX AI traffic disable or supersedes them?

Thanks in advance

(I edited for clarity and hopefully proper English)

We keep the installation for these AI Traffic packs quite simple in that everything goes into the FSX or P3D default locations. That means the FTX AI packs will sit nicely alongside any other 3rd party freeware or payware package provided they have been compiled for FSX. FS9 and earlier compiled traffic packages (WOAI etc.) will suppress any FSX compiled ones.

So If I understand correctly all we would have to do is disable or remove GA traffic from payware packages in order to only see ORBX traffic.

I'm not that familiar with the commercial packages but if there is an option to disable various elements, then yes.

The FTX NA AI package will have a control panel option to disable the larger Global Business jets for those who prefer to use the more comprehensive World Wide package available on Avsim.

There is no commercial airline traffic included in this package so you will need a 3rd party pack of some sort if you want to see any commercial airliners.

Love the fire bombers Graham. Now if we can just have them animated and flying over the new forest fire effect......... :lol: easy when you just type it isn't it ???

Geoff

PS WOW! Just watch read this and watch the video on this site! http://wildfiretoday.com/2012/07/09/aero-union-says-p-3-air-tankers-could-be-available-in-4-to-6-weeks-if-requested/

Hello,

Afcourse great work, just like always with orbx stuff. :)

Question:

what kind of movement can we expect from this ai?

I am currently missing local traffic paterns and just airplane flying around 1 or 2 airports nearby eacg other. This while using mytraffic 2013.

Thanks for your reply.

Maikel Rozemeijer

pe1123

NL

Graham, just one more Q. Are these native FSX models? Can't wait for this!

No, they are all FS9 models. Most of the AI model builders have left the flight sim scene because FSX models are apparently too much trouble to do. David Rawlins of Aardvark did a few Boeings a while back but I doubt he will do any more.

Do the textures show in "DX10 Preview"?

No. Some may work OK but as they are FS9 models, most will appear white.

what kind of movement can we expect from this ai?

I've put lots of activity at all the PNW airports that can handle AI traffic so you should see plenty of AI action wherever you fly. There is minimal activity during night hours but plenty during the day. There will of course be quiet times and there will be busy times but I'm sure there will be enough balance to satisfy most.

Woah, I never said anything was wrong with them, only that I prefer to have all native models in my inventory.

I too would like to have native FSX ones but there are some animations and lighting effects that just won't work on FSX models and no one is building them anyway. Andras Neuman released a range of Piper AI aircraft a year or so back and told me he would not have started the project if they were to be FSX models.

You may notice the new FSX Boeing aircraft we are using in the Australian AI traffic pack have no light splash on the fuselage from the taxi lights that is because there is no way to turn it off with an FSX model. You will also note that the cabin lights remain on all the time. Have a look at the parked aircraft at 2 or 3 AM at any airport and all the FSX aircraft will have all their lights on. those in darkness will be the FS9 ones.

Archived