RTMM has new stuff coming

ba43

I have some good news from Return to Misty Moorings. The "Pacific Fjords" scenery region has been our playground for quite some time now but we are expanding our coverage map to include the Pacific Northwest, Southern Alaska and Tongass Fjords regions. Several scenery areas have already been made available for these other regions beyond PFJ so look for those at RTMM now if you're interested.

We are also going to be releasing a couple of major packages that I wanted to let you all know about. AI Shipping for PFJ, PNW, SAK, when that arrives and Tongass Fjords. Each of these four separate AI Shipping projects will give users a boost to the AI shipping you will see in the larger bodies of water in those regions. You'll see cruise liners, supertankers, commercial cargo vessels, military, smaller fishing vessels and even some ferry ships working the inside passage and coastlines in those regions. When all four packages are installed, users will have over 300 individual AI Shipping tracks at play. We don't have 300 individual AI ships, so there are repeating objects being used, but in the size and scope of these projects, you don't see repeating ships that much. It's an acceptable limitation and it's all free too. We have been fortunate to team up with a great new repainter who's made some custom repaints of ships that have been added to the packages. So look for those at RTMM soon.

For the "Creme de la Creme" of our upcoming offerings, Look for "The Land of Cowboys" by Xavier Carre' and Jacques Alluchon. This will really expand RTMM quality standards as those guys have added not only custom library objects but custom landclass that is seasonal and fits in with the underlying ORBX terrain perfectly. There is photoreal textures, coastlines and seasonal textures at work in this package. You can see some screenshots by visiting this thread in our forums to get a look at it. http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=1176.0

With the two recent articles done on RTMM, one on AVSIM and one in the latest edition of "PC Pilot", things are going well for us over here. Stop on by and see what's new and what's coming soon. We wouldn't be able to do any of this without the work done here by ORBX/FTX. Thanks again for making "PFJ" and hurry up with "SAK" will ya???

Brad

Hey thanks for the heads up! As a relative newcomer to FSX, I hadn't seen your huge site before. So can't wait to try and thanks for all your hard work. The French XPFR guys are famous in Xplane world as Pro Freeware contributors, you guys look like the FSX equivalent! Along with OZx of course..

I should say that the upcoming scenery is a two part package and the correct names are shown below:

"RTMM Landscapes for ORBX PFJ".

Part 1 - "Barnstormers" (focused on the Tweedsmuir-Nechako, B.C. area)

Part 2 - "Land of the Cowboys" (focused on the

Chilcotin, B.C. area)

Coming soon to RTMM

Brad

Many thanks to all of you.

This part of British Columbia is a very beautiful area, and OrbX has rendered very well this eastern part of the Coastal mountains.

Please, take a look at area from Huckleberry mine to Tesla lake, along the mountains, a wonderful area.

I have fully redone a part of the area along the Nechako reservoir (from Andrew bay to the northen part of Marila - Island lake, not any changes on Marila airstrip and lanclasses )

This is an agricultural area with barns, farms and ranches, for which I have added photoreal ground polys, and changed the landclasses( not any modifications to landclasses textures), and with Jacques Alluchon, we have added life in this area, using custom buildings and objects.

Also, we have, fully, redone some locations ( Pan Phillips, Moose lake, Tsacha lake...), and added many real locations ( Skin lake spillway...), and some fictitious, along Eutsuk lake, Tetachuck lake, Nechako reservoir...

30 locations to visit in this part of British Columbia, and hours of flight dedicated to bush pilots !

Cheers,

Xavier - Return to Misty Moorings

Many thanks to all of you.

This part of British Columbia is a very beautiful area, and OrbX has rendered very well this eastern part of the Coastal mountains.

Please, take a look at area from Huckleberry mine to Tesla lake, along the mountains, a wonderful area.

I have fully redone a part of the area along the Nechako reservoir (from Andrew bay to the northen part of Marila - Island lake, not any changes on Marila airstrip and lanclasses )

This is an agricultural area with barns, farms and ranches, for which I have added photoreal ground polys, and changed the landclasses( not any modifications to landclasses textures), and with Jacques Alluchon, we have added life in this area, using custom buildings and objects.

Also, we have, fully, redone some locations ( Pan Phillips, Moose lake, Tsacha lake...), and added many real locations ( Skin lake spillway...), and some fictitious, along Eutsuk lake, Tetachuck lake, Nechako reservoir...

30 locations to visit in this part of British Columbia, and hours of flight dedicated to bush pilots !

Cheers,

Xavier - Return to Misty Moorings

This all sounds most promising!

Great to read about all these certainly wonderful new sceneries!

I will definitely check out and explore some of them in the now upcomming, longer lasting "flightsimming-autumn-evenings-season"!

Fantastic!!

Great work again Brad and team, but........

The but is for the fact that every release from you guys means another spell in NA away from NZ for me lol..

Looking forward to trying all this new stuff out, sounds great.

Hopefully some one from ORBX or RTMM can help with an add on problem.

all add on scenery is disappearing below ozx and orbx that are occupying the top of the library some how by default.

eg. I just downloaded from RTMM some library objects and 2 ice stations. When I activated them they went to the top of FSX library however after exiting and returning those objects disappeared below ORBX and of course I need them to be above misty fjords to be seen, very odd indeed :mellow:

zoran,

You need to have an insertion point set via the tools section of FTX Central....Scenery Library Configuration. After you have chosen your insertion point, and you cycle between default and North America, all of the ORBX/OZx entries will be inserted immediately above the library entry you chose to be your insertion point and then all of the other non-ORBX/OZx library entries that are above that insertion point will be put on top of the ORBX/OZx entires. In that way, you can contorl exactly where the ORBX/OZx library entires are inserted into your FSX Scenery Library.

Also, for specific RTMM questions, feel free to post on the RTMM Forum where you will find that I and my fellow RTMM team members are very responsive.

Stiletto2

Archived