AU GREEN - Kununarra, the jewel of the region

Mango certainly has reason to have fallen in love with this area. Simple things like a change of weather, light, time of day and it jumps out at you with blazing colour, action, drama and enough atmosphere to drown in. This series is mostly unedited, however in some shots I've added a slight "lens blur" effect to make them more like photos. Mostly though, what you see is what you get.

Posted Image

Here's an example: the next 3 shots are at the same location, but different times of day and weather. Notice how the colours change?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Moving on ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Release is a matter of a day or so away...

Congrats John and the whole develpment team. The shots posted over tha last week or two have simply taken my breath away. The bar is constantly lifted and the team at ORBX keeps leaping higher.

You have taken our hobby to a new level and the enjoyment of low level flying in Flight Sim has never been so great. Thankyou for all you efforts and may Green rocket straight into the best seller list. I know my credit card is ready!  ;D

John, I have said it before but it is worth repeating.  You have absolutely captured the essence of what it is to be in that area without a shadow of a doubt.  It's truly magnificent, the work you guys have done with this region...

Thanks you so much for your efforts, we are in debt to you...

Cheers,

you know, its a funny thing , most people seem to want to fly around tassie or other hill/mountain areas , where as with me , its the open areas and big vistas that does it. I can understand the immediate beauty of the mountains but the open spaces , to me , put me in a different frame of mind thats more relaxing and reflective and a greater sense of this world.  Put it simply - I am going to love this.

BTW when will REX be released please I need to know droooollllll :)

I have no clue, that would be something to ask at the REX forums and you'll probably not get an answer anyway. I do know internal beta testing has been underway for quite some time.

Amazing John and ORBX team,

The thing that grabs me is that you have managed to capture the scale of the place. I did wonder if it might be a bit boring up there with less development, but in fact, I look at the screenshots and all I want to do is put a picnic blanket down on one of those hills and down a glass of Pinot Gris with some lamb cooking on the barby nearby. As an ex-pom who moved here in 99, I can say that your AUS treatment really sells what made me come to love this country so much.

Magnificent stuff - particularly love the one with the purple haze in the distance...very atmospheric.

ravey

Guest Aussieman

Ravey, you do not have to be an immigrant to love this wonderful country ....... I was born here and get a lump in my throat every time I hear our National Anthem. Peter Allen's 'I still call Australia Home' has the same effect.

Cheers

Pat

WOW, must say this Orbx region has to be the best so far! Tourism promoters should be using these shots in their advertising!

The sky effects are totally stunning and I cannot wait for the release of REX. I'll be hitting refresh on flightsim store every minute this friday with credit card in hand.

We travelled extensively (& flew!) in this area in 2001 - John & the team, you have captured the spirit of the region in a way that makes me want to go back and experience it all again. My thanks for reviving some very personal & poignant memories. Sadly, my father-in-law (who we took the "round Highway One") trip with, passed away 3 years ago, but he would have loved to travel again in this virtual world you have created with such imagination and creativity. Thank you for the memories. Malcolm.

WWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

Superb, cant wait, thanks to the team for all the hard work.

I have never been to Australia, but since flying in FTX I find it hard to fly anywhere else.

I had to check on Google Earth and was amazed. I think when i do visit I wont need a tour guide

lol

Cheers

Archived