Compatibility with UK2000 Scenery?

alanngai

Thank's for the upcoming UK FTX scenery and I remember that it will be compatible with the UK2000 airports.

Is this still true? I ask because UK 2000 is now holding a great summer sales and I want to take the advantage.

Moreover, can you disclose the coverage of this scenery? Will England, Scotland and North Ireland are included in one package?

Thank you!

I've received an email talking about the summer sale and there is a link to the discount shop.

By the way, can anyone clarify whether FTX will be compatible with UK 2000?

can you please post the link to the discount shop

but this site is not in competition with ORBX

ORBX has already said they will not make airports for the UK

Perhaps you could PM me the link, please

I have recently purchased Heathrow Extreme that is why I wanted the link to the discount page

ORBX has already said they will not make airports for the UK

When did they say that? According to JV's roadmap for 2012, there are at least three airports listed as planned in the UK, one of which is Southampton. Since Gary Summons has that on his planned list, that makes Orbx in competition.

t's a legitimate question, when the GB series was first announced, it was said that the ORBX default airports were not going to be included because there were already good sceneries available such as UK2000. sometimes things change, and if orbx GB is being developed with that in mind it's certainly a legitimate question to ask, since there is a current sale on. I am curious as well. if orbx was to create default airports like in NA and NZ it's doubtful I would be interested in UK2000, but if not, I would definitely like to purchase UK2000 while it's on sale.

ShawnG, I knew I had seen it somewhere, I now have 5 of those UK airports, only purchased because of the sale and the fact that ORBX was not going to do airports for UK, as you say things do change, we can only wait and see.

Thank you for confirming what I thought I had seen on this site somewhere (a while ago now)

I would still like confirmation in regards to: will UK2000 airports be compatible with ORBX scenery?

This tells you some of what they're working on:

/>http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/44575-orbx-expansion-plans-and-roadmap-may-2012/

A quick search also found this:

/>http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38871-orbx-expands-uk-development-team-announces-ftx-eu-series/page__view__findpost__p__340754

We are unlikely to upgrade the base airports in GB because of all the third party airports already available, so getting full compatibility will simply be a scenery library layering issue. So GB will be more like FTX AU versus PNW etc.

and here is the original quote on the topic from when the series was announced. this is not of course a definitive answer, and if that "unlikely" has either become a "yes" or a "no" it's not been made public to my knowledge. It would be useful to know for sure.

ShawnG, thanks for the original quote, but I suppose things do change, there are now 3 UK airports being developed by ORBX so I will now sit on the fence and await more news from ORBX.

I am more than happy to wait for ORBX stuff

Archived