West Wind 7WA3

Jezz006

A post to thank Tom Brook's for the excellent West Wind freeware addon for the PNW area.

Doing touch and goes on the three landing strips along this stretch of river is extremely satisfying and challenging.

I'd landed on one of the strips previously but needed three fly buys to spot it in the fields the second time round.

Great Work,

Thanks Jezz006, I am glad you and everyone else is enjoying the scenery. West Wind and the Unnamed Farmer's Field are looking to be the easy ones to spot though they are all a bit tough without the asphalt. Thanks for the post, really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,

Tom.

Actually just downloading and flying through today too. Love them. Love flying over all those flat farms in this flat valley. And how the mountains and hills rise straight up from the plain.

Yes, Riverside is the tough one. Even when you see it, the tall trees make it fairly tight. Took me a bit to see the orange balls on the wires since they are blocked by the trees on approach. I'll get it.

Yup,

Gotta say Tom for a debut and being freeware you did an outstanding job!!!! It's defenitly worthy of being every bit payware!!! However, getting freebies from Orbx is always a nice thing!!!!! Keep of the outstanding work!!!!

Thank You Tom!!! I'm truly enjoying your wonderful scenery package - daily. After installing it I went to Riverside and it didn't look much different from what I'd expect at a default strip..... Upon checking further I found I had to manually add the new scenery to scenery.cfg. I have various scenery.cfg s for various FSX configurations I use. So after updating scenery.cfg I went back to Riverside again - Wow what a difference - no comparison at all. The field and surrounding area looked great. This is now my favorite area due to your 3 strips and easy access to other scenic areas.

Thanks again. Howard

Hi guys thanks for the great words.

majormajor42, I tried to make the red hazard balls a bit bigger though the telephone poles started to sag 8) so I made them smaller. I found if you come towards Riverside on an angle the approach is easier, though the biggest plane I have tried is the cub.

iflygary: It would of been nice to have it payware, though as a debut and an area to practice my skills, it is a pleasure to put it out as freeware. Hope everyone enjoys the next one as much as this one.

retep49: A nice area to fly a helicopter, that's if I could. I see all the pictures of people flying the helicopter and am envious. Rotor craft and me are not a good mix. I would like to see pictures of the helicopter going low along the river. The river adds a great deal to the whole area.

caribou, I am glad that your scenery.cfg file worked and you could enjoy the area. It is a nice area to explore especially in a small plane.

Thanks guys and happy flying.

Tom.

I too would like to congratulate Tom on a brilliant job. If this is your first effort Tom, hell, I cannot wait to see what you put out from now on.

Regards,

Jim

Archived