KJAC - Scenary Load Tile at a time while flying

RCFlyer

Just purchased, downloaded, and install KJAC. No errors during installation. The three setup files appear to be the correct size.

When I setup a flight at KJAC I have the Orbx KJAC scenary around the aircraft out to about 1 or 2 miles, beyond that I have the Orbx CRM scenary. When I fly, the scenary around the aircraft updates such that KJAC scenary remains under and around the aircraft out to about the 1 or 2 miles and the area that had KJAC scenary changes back to the CRM scenary.

I have downloaded the KJAC scenary files twice both times using GetRight. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, with the same result.

I am using the following:

FSX Acceleration

I7-2500K at 4.5 ghz

8 g ram

500 gig Vrapter @10K

I have no problems running your other scenary items.

Regards,

Hi Danny,

did you run all 3 installers ?

Also if you have your fsX install on a Hard Dive then please defrag the drive where your fsX install is on, however if you have it installed on a SSD then there is no need for it.

additionally please try and cycle FTX Central to default hit Apply and then back to the NA region again hitting Apply, do a little test and if it works then run the defrag in case needed for a HDD

let us know how you fare.

Thanks for the quick response. Just got home. The drive is brand new and has been defragged already. I defragged again after I got home this evening. I also cycled Central twice from FSX Default to Orbx and clicked apply both times.

I ran FSX and got the same results. Images are attached below:

http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii535/RCFlyer51/?action=view&current=2012-6-25_17-23-52-770.jpg

http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii535/RCFlyer51/?action=view&current=2012-6-25_17-23-33-976.jpg

http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii535/RCFlyer51/?action=view&current=2012-6-25_17-23-12-556.jpg

http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii535/RCFlyer51/?action=view&current=2012-6-25_17-20-47-573.jpg

Thanks for your help.

G'day Danny,

From those shots it looks like you have another (non-ORBX) scenery installed underneath that is causing conflicts. Disable any possible conflicts in the scenery library (any photoreal ground texture packages you have) and this should resolve the issue.

Let me know how you go,

Jarrad

I have no other photoreal scenary. I have disabled all of my add-on scenary with no change. I believe I may have an incomplete download. When I compare my downloaded file sizes to those that you posted in the Jackson Hole Installer Issues thread I have different sizes:

Your Posted Values:

a. OrbxFTXNAKJAC100.zip (1,108,776,746bytes)

b. FTXNAKJAC100_Setup2.zip (2,007,265,967bytes)

c. FTXNAKJAC100_Setup3.zip (2,007,265,967bytes)

The file sizes I get when I download:

a. OrbxFTXNAKJAC2100.exe (1,079,968)

b. FTXNAKJAC100_Setup2.exe (1,960,221)

c. FTXNAKJAC100_Setup3.exe (1,253,961)

Additionally, when I look at the file sizes on the download page for the full zip (4.4 gig) when I go to download the full zip, it only shows 4.1 gig.

Hi Danny,

Your filesizes are correct (your values are in kb, not bytes, hence the different figures), so there isn't any problem in that regard. I am still very certain that you have a conflicting scenery, as the photoscenery you are showing is definitely neither from the KJAC product nor CRM. Do you use any large-area photoreal products or packages such as MegaEarth, TileProxy, Newport etc etc?

If you still think you have doubts about whether the you installed all files, head over to your Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KJAC/scenery folder, and amongst other files, look for:

Westsim_KJAC_PR_1m_A.bgl

Westsim_KJAC_PR_1m_B.bgl

Westsim_KJAC_PR_1m_C.bgl

Westsim_KJAC_PR_1m_D.bgl

If these four files are all there, then your second and third parts of the setup files have installed correctly.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Interesting. I have none of the scenary you mentioned installed. I checked FTX_AA_KJAC scenary folder and I have all four of the mentioned files and the westsim_KJAC_PR_15cm_projected .bgl.

I, in turn, deactivated via the scenary library my entire add-on scenary, then CRM05, then all of my USX scenary. After I deactivated each one of these scenary items I ran FSX at KJAC with no change.

Hmm that's odd indeed - did you also temporarily disable the "addon scenery" entry in your scenery library?

Next step - can you take a top-down view screenshot of the KJAC area? Maybe two - a zoomed-in version that shows just the airport surrounds (1-2 mile radius, approx), and then a zoomed-out shot that shows most of the coverage area. If you're not sure of the full coverage area, I included a map in the KJAC user guide.

Cheers

Hmm that's odd indeed - did you also temporarily disable the "addon scenery" entry in your scenery library?

Next step - can you take a top-down view screenshot of the KJAC area? Maybe two - a zoomed-in version that shows just the airport surrounds (1-2 mile radius, approx), and then a zoomed-out shot that shows most of the coverage area. If you're not sure of the full coverage area, I included a map in the KJAC user guide.

Cheers

Jarrad:

Thanks again for your assistance. Yes, I de-activated the entire add-on scenary folder and re-loaded FSX and KJAC with no change. I'll take the top-down images this evening after work.

Tim:

Thanks for taking the time to review my problem. If there is other photoreal scenary showing through and impacting the KJAC scenary I don't know what it is. I have reviewed my add-on scenary and have found no photoreal scenary, at least none that I recognize as photoreal. And, as I said to Jarrad, I have deactivated my add-on scenary folder in its entirety with no change.

G'day Danny,

There is definitely a conflicting scenery package, and it's Frank Dainese's freeware Grand Teton scenery that is causing the issue. The particular version of his scenery that I just installed places the files in

Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Grand Teton National Park - Full pack FSX\scenery, this is the folder you will need to disable to resolve the problem.

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day Danny,

There is definitely a conflicting scenery package, and it's Frank Dainese's freeware Grand Teton scenery that is causing the issue. The particular version of his scenery that I just installed places the files in

Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Grand Teton National Park - Full pack FSX\scenery, this is the folder you will need to disable to resolve the problem.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad:

I did find the culprit, but, it wasn't Mr. Dainese's scenary. I don't have his scenary installed. However, the problem scenary was Flathead Lake scenary from Hovercontrol. Once I de-activated it everything worked great.

Now that it is working...WOW!!! What great scenary.

Archived