[FILES RERELEASED] Carenado Piper Cherokee

Graham Eccleston

I note there are quite a few very good Aussie repaints now available for the FSX Carenado Cessnas and Mooney, thanks to contributers on this and the OZx forums, however the poor Piper Cherokee seems to have been largely ignored.

There are a couple of repaints by Aztec over at Australian Aircraft Repaints but that appears to be it.

Anyone interested in doing one or two nice Piper repaints to balance the scales? A quick look on Airliners.net shows there are plenty to choose from.

Hey Graham, let me know if there's a particular Cherokee you'd like to see done.

This is just an initial experiment to see what's possible with the Cherokee model. In terms of repainting, it's a bit more limiting than the Mooney  :( .

(rivets and panel lines will need complete replacement to bring it up to scratch). Full respect to Carenado though - it's still great fun to fly.

This is VH-JPM based on a pic taken at Parafield on airliners.net

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers, Steve.

I'm working on a couple of them also..my favorite bird to fly...(although I been hooked lately on the new 182RG)

It's difficult to paint this one (for me anyway), as it won't load in my Abacus FS Painter Program...(The Mooney does, strange)

So I'm doing them thru Photoshop...much more difficult for me and time consuming..Possibly I'll have 2 up this weekend!

Steve, I have no particular favourites at this time, The point of my post was that I would just like to see more variety for this aircraft as we now have with a number of other Carenado aircraft.

That Cherokee (VH-JPM) that you have completed looks great and I would love to have it in my hangar if you don't mind sharing it.

Anything you guys paint I will download and fly. I really do appreciate what you contribute to our hobby.

Steve, I have no particular favourites at this time, The point of my post was that I would just like to see more variety for this aircraft as we now have with a number of other Carenado aircraft.

That Cherokee (VH-JPM) that you have completed looks great and I would love to have it in my hangar if you don't mind sharing it.

Anything you guys paint I will download and fly. I really do appreciate what you contribute to our hobby.

Hey Graham. After a few more minor adjustments, I'll upload the VH-JPM paint to www.aussiex.org . There'll be a few warts, but it should be useable. I'm often starved for inspiration, so if there is a particular aircraft anyone would like to see represented then it gives me some direction.

VH-UZR is finshed..If you like to add it to your collection,

Posted Image

* Download VH-UZR HERE

I have been trying to upload to Aussiex, but my file is too large, even compressed..(VC is redone)

So untill then, I have compined both 'Kits' (VH-UZR w/brown interior) & (VH-UZR w/Gray Interior) into 1 package.

Squeeker-my individual texture files zip to 4.16mb, I can't zip'um any smaller..any thoughts?

I have updated VH-UZR : This is a new package...1st one is not required

(If you downloaded the first one, get this one and just overwrite your texture files)

Posted Image         

~  Nicer Exterior windows

~  VH-UZR w/brown Interior now has brown seatbelts

~  Added the option of having clear interior windows (no tint)

~  *Custom Shockwave 3D lights config (my own, very nice)

*add this only if you have the payware SW 3D l ights

VH-UZR  (v.2)  DOWNLOAD

Hi Guys, anyone had a problem with the VC instrument lights? ??? Mine don't show at all, will do a re-install just in case something's got corrupted, but everything else works great & the repaints are stunning! Thanks.

"I have just gotten permission from my friend Fernando at Carenado..."

Paint and VC textures APROOVED! VH-UZR 'complete' package with 2 different interiors, re-posted at aussiex.org!

Thankyou FERNANDO, and especially JayKae for his professional involement...    Download VH-UZR

I have just gotten permission from my friend Fernando at Carenado, it is amazing how far a little bit of goodwill goes nowadays, now without further delay, go and download it folks :)

http://www.aussiex.org/index/download.php?view.111

Sorry it took so long but I got a bit busy this week with REX, my VA and of course Green :)

The Cherokee is a great little plane, but the dark tinted windows ruins it for me. Some have suggested, as does an advisory in the VH-UZR download ,that removing a texture file will work, but all that does on my machine is make the windows black. I can see that when FS was barebones it was perhaps a good idea to tint windows, but when it impedes viewing FTX the way the 180 does, then it is time to either find another way to remove the tint, or avoid the model altogether. Too bad!  :'(

Spirit Flyer

Spirit Flyer,

I your case, my guess, you must be using the FS9 cherokee ported to FSX version.

(the infamous black window issue)...

~In the VHR-UZR package, I have only tinted the outside windows..(which do not affect viewing from the inside)

*In the new FSX full version, if you remove the "carenado cherokee windows.bmp" you will have clear windows inside-the way I fly...

Archived