KORS, looks great, but

texerrn

FSS0151563

I have had KROS installed since FEB. It works just fine after I moved the folder to top priority. But this is not the way that was intended. When i fist installed it I had huge tank trap depressions all over the area. I tried re-installing the scenery, patches, the underlying region. open and closing FTX central. changing mesh paramerters. Nothing worked. Then I moved the entire FTX-KORS to the top priority of the scenery list. That fixed everything and I used the area as one of my favorite spots. Worked just fine. Unfortunately this is not the way it was designed. Every time there is a new patch, an upgrade or I get a new Orbx product, like KJAC today. KROS moves back to where it was meant to be and is corrupted all over. I move it back to top priority again and it is perfect again. I have been doing this for months but just decided I needed to ask for some advice. Can't send screen shot now because it is just fine and the moment. I have all parameters such as mesh size per instructions. PS I have never been able to open my signature area to put in order numbers. I have at least twenty to add. texerrn

Hi,

KORS should not need to be moved manually around the scenery library as it is positioned correctly by FTXcentral

Did you re-run the PNW service patch after installing KORS? if not set FTXcentral to North America and re-run the PNW patch (.005) and the latest Orbxlibs after that

Cheers

Tim

Tim: The folder should not be moved manually. Yes that is precisely my point! I am seeing and enjoying KORS. But it is not working for me as it was intended. I would like to have it function as Orbx intended. I have tried repeatedly to re install KORS and PNW and the whole group of patches without success. I have eight of the other area scenery in the area as well, KORS is the only one giving me fits. I have read every word posted here. I just decided to live with it. Just lately I thought I would write in because it seems kind of ridiculous if there is a simple solution. I fully understand that the folder is meant to reside in a certain location. What started out as just a work around to fly that once as gotten out of hand. I am not sure what I should do except to re install all over again. I even suspect that may be a problem, I may have corrupted something considering as may attempts and installs that I have done. Looking for a suggestion before I remove and redo again, texerrn

thanks, will try patch again. texerrn

Yes and no. I have all Aus regions and nearly all Aus airports, Orbx items.. Took advantage of the recent sale. Unchecking all of Australia items did not accomplish any change with KROS. No OZ items. I had the kros problem before I installed any FTX-AUS scenery. I was hoping you were on to something. texerrn

OK Wolter: Unchecked all scenery above FTX items. KORS looks great, no errors. One Hundred Sixty items disabled. I will add them back one at a time until I see it fail. I am very curious to find the "culprit" . This make take a while. I will return to the forum when I find the answer to what was interfering. thanks texerrn

And the answer is ......... Victoria Plus. Now that I look at the Vic Plus read-me and coverage map it does extend into the KROS area. I would not have guessed it was interfering. Turn the Vic Plus higher and Lower priority scenery off and KROS is great. Just as intended. The next question would be if it is possible for the two areas to co-exist? For tonight Victoria Plus will have to stay off. texerrn

A quick update: Not to be unfair to the Victoria Plus folks I have both in harmony now. Placed the entire Vicplus folder at a lower priority than all FTX. Opened the Vicplus/higher priority scenery folder and turned off bgls for, kros, clam harbor and also Friday harbor for good measure. Every thing is now just perfect. completely resolved. Cheers texerrn

A month ago I also did troubleshoot the same problem ( see answer #7 in http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/44529-installing-new-airports-disables-previously-working-one/page__hl__%2Bkors+%2Bdoes+%2Bnot+%2Bload__fromsearch__1 ) and moving all FTX above Vic+ did not work well and my final and my solution was to manually KORS only above Vic+.

Could you please list all the Vic+ bgls that you disabled ? I would like to apply your solution and leave KORS where it is put by FTX Central.

Thanks, Peter

• 10 months later...

I too have been struggling with the Victoria-KORS problem.

I read through this thread and tried the VicPlusLite version and found it to be lacking some of the detail in Victoria Harbor like piers and such.

I truly like KORS. But I like the full version Victoria with CYYJ better. So I choose to uninstall KORS and put it on the shelf until something is worked out to make it compatible with Victoria Plus. Hope it will be soon.

Noel

• 1 year later...

Archived