Anybody ever used FSFlying School Pro?

blackbird7

FS Flying School is very good, far superior, I think, to the rather rubbish FSX flying lessons that just kick you out when you get it wrong. FS flying school monitors your performance, lets you know when you're doing something wrong and gives you a detailed performance breakdown and score after your flight. I've only recently got it so I'm still seeing what its got to offer but so far I'm very pleased with my purchase.

I got the demo, and I'm pretty disapointed with it... it only consider ILS approaches, and visual app are seen as a wrong approach... also, crosswind landings will not be good, even if you get the correct technique... so, for me, I'll keep my $$ on ORBX... ;)

I have the last version, and did not find it very realistic. So I never use it now. However, I guess it is improved with each new version. But I would be inclined to take Bruce's advice and put the money towards more Orbx product.

If you really want to enhance your flying skills and move onto a real PPL, then this is a must. It is very pedantic which puts a lot of people off, but learning circuits and general PPL skills, it is brilliant. Persist with it and your flying skills will become far greater. But if you just want to fly and dont care about the quality of your flying and don't want to be told how to improve, then ignore it.

Reality is in the long term, you'll be a far better pilot with it, but at first, it will pick up all your mistakes and that's why many don't like it. Read the reviews. They all rate it highly!!!

I have trained many Pilots ONLINE using FSInn and Copilot thus allowing multi player in an ATC type environment and the shared cockpit within FSX and they have all said that this was far superior to the sometimes very rigid method with FS Flying School.

Several of those had FS Flying School and binned it after about a week in favour of a real live flight instructor, where we saw the same things and flew the same Aircraft and could hand back and forth controlling various things just as in real life.

At the end of the day if it works for you go for it.

I guess I'm in the camp that says it picks you up on all your mistakes.

You do get a bit annoyed with it when you think you've done a reasonable circuit, and it tells you otherwise.

I still use it occasionally, but I prefer to just go and fly in PNW and land quite heavily at times, and enjoy

the scenery ORBX offers. However I do still like the program, and will use it if I feel I need a reality check.

Cheers

Hank

Archived