Creswell (77S) & Walker (OR57)

Bandit

Decided to get some flying practice out of Hobby field in Creswell, Lane County Oregon. Today is just a quick hop with the CFI over to Walker (OR57) and back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Watch out for the radio towers to the north west of the field....

Posted Image

On final for RWY 36 at Walker (OR57) . The field took me a circuit or two to spot from the air

Posted Image

On final for RWY 36 at Walker (OR57)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

.. and we are off again.

Posted Image

Final RWY 33 back at Hobby field, Creswell (77S)

Posted Image

Coming off the runway..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Debriefing in the aircraft with my instructor.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Iain - not quite up to your standard but improving

Really great shots Mark. Forgive my ignorance but what aircraft is that? I like it!

Greg

Its the Liberty XL from Eaglesoft.

Its a great little aircraft for sightseeing. I flew it in FSX for some time and was looking forward to getting in one at the Avalon Airshow one year. Unfortunately when I tried to get my 6' 2" frame my knees wouldn't make it under the dash as the seats are fixed. Alas I can only fly her in FSX!

what a great set, gotta admit I have done that trip many many times in testing but youv'e made the trip look better than I ever could, thanks for sharing then mate love em.

Ken thank you for your kind words - I really appreciate them. I must also thank you and Greg Jones for some great work in these airports. They truly bring FSX to life and make sim flying a real pleasure. I love your eye for detail - take the ability to see inside the flying school office in the 2nd last shot - brilliant. Keep it up!

take the ability to see inside the flying school office in the 2nd last shot

thanks for the compliments Greg did a great job on that FBO, but as well as that you can only make it look as good as your photos,and Kevin did a great job for us. Realism starts with great photos, unless your Russ and have the ability to create your own. Both Greg and I are really pleased that the airport is helping make the VFR experience more enjoyable. The region guys put a huge effort into creating low and slow scenery that you can enjoy. All we do is add a bit of icing here and there. Long live VFR.

cheers

Ken

Archived