Very unsharp textures in PNW

Skyhawk11

Hi :)

When flying in PNW, I get very unsharp ground textures.....But that only occurs in PNW. In other regions like Australia and NRM everything works properly and textures are quite sharp.

Is there anything wrong with the installation or is this a problem of PNW? Has anyone the same problem and knows to fix it?

Thanks for your help :)

Sascha

If you did not install the newest PNW patch and then install the latest library, it won't work correctly. I usually forget to re-install the library.

good flights, Cal

Newest Patch and library are both installed.....library of course at the end ;)

And I only have run the standart defrag tool (WIn7)......

It´s quite strange that all other areas work without any porblems but PNW doesn´t :( There are such beautiful airports made by ORBX but those unsharp ground textures are very annoying :(

On a flight from KHQM to Darrington I got a OoM message after 45min, don´t know if that has anything to do with it......actually, I have 16GB RAM

Are your textures unsharp right after loading PNW or are they allright after loading and only become more and more blurred the longer you fly in this area?

I used to have quite a lot of progressive blurries in PNW with my old system (the one in my signature), whereas blurries were not an issue in the other FTX regions (exept for some areas in AU Blue).

PNW is probably the most demanding FTX area for your system and that may be the reason for the blurries (unsharp textures). I see that you also own PF and NRM. These regions are quite light for your PC.

If the above is the case, then my suggestion is to put some sliders in the options/settings section to the left (e. g. autogen) and/or reduce your AA settings, just do something to take some load from yur system.

Wolfgang

Did you apply so called "tweaks" to your config file? If yes, perhaps there were too many. Try to generate a brand new config file (fsx.cfg), see how it works. Then perhaps have a look what venetubo suggests and try some of their suggestions... With your system you can't have any problems! :) Yeas, a good defrag, too.

Hi,

yes, there are a lot of tweaks in my cfg......I´m now testing the venetubo version. Frames are locked to 30 with invidia inspector and they very stable but textures are still loading very slowly :( WIll try to change some settings, maybe I can fix it......

Blurry landclass textures almost certainly point to a system config problem.

It may be of interest that many of the dev team use only Himemfix (and possibly hard autogen limits) I think none of them use "Venetubo" automatic tweaking or shaders.

Extreme autogen settings do tend to delay texture loading, and this can be exacerbated by fibre_frame fraction tweaks, or inappropriate Core loading

I´m stil testing FSX and PNW with different settings but until now, nothing could really improve situation....will continue with testing ;)

How to deinstall PNW and the installed airports correctly to try a new installation? Maybe another thing that could help......

If you have removed all tweaks, and still have problems.

You can follow the directions in the FAQ here:

/>http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30377-uninstalling-na-regions-a-quick-guide/

I am not sure this is likely to fix your reported problem.

Ok, new information...... the textures are quite unsharp even WITHOUT autogen and a newly generated cfg?! Each time, I start in Darrington and climb. The area around the airport looks good but 3 miles or so away, unsharp textures start coming up....

New installation didn´t help....

I really love your regions and airports but blurry textures simply destroy the beauty of flying in those areas :(

Your system shouldn't have any problems, unlike my laptop. And the laptop is doing okay (exeption known culprits). All these settings will be different from pc to pc. I found out that I have to limit the fps internally to 18, then textures do have enough time to load. I know - 18 fps is for most of the people just a laugh, but it works for me and I keep the fps counter off as not to get distracted! :) It is sufficiently smooth so what? And with the autogen maxed, or perhaps a one notch below max. Also - these Venetubo "tweaks" - as I've stated, try one by one on your virgin config, see what it does...

When I activate Northern America in the FTX Central, there are also Australian FTX entries in the FSX library....Is that supposed to work in this way?

by the way, thanks a lot for the support here in this forum! :)

That slider is set to 7,5 manually in the cfg......It very strange, the entire airport area looks great but around it, it becomes worse although the airport is much more detailed

That might be the culprit... FSX locks the LOD radius to 4.5 and above 6.5 is when errors begin to appear. Have you tried reducing your LOD radius at all? 7.5 is very very high

Hi, could you post a picture of the area that is blurry - that might give some folks more info. Also, try this : Get to a place where the scenery is blurry. Then pause FSX and leave it that way for maybe 5 minutes or so. Then check to see it you still have blurry scenery. That may give a further hint to folks trying to help. Good luck . Howard

Hi Skyhawk,

This is a long shot but in one of your other posts you said about 3 miles away from Darrington you get the textures that are out of focus and they stay that way, is this on the way to KSEA or the area around it as i might have an idea based on something that i have seen while flying over towards KSEA at FL350, about a 30ish square mile area was looking really bad on the ground textures and as soon as i passed it it was ok again.

Here is what im going to suggest and remember it is a long shot so it might not work

Browse to your flight sim folder \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery and look for ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.BGL, If you cant see the bgl extension then you will need to enable show file extensions in windows folder options and rename the file to ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.off, this will turn off KSEA and use the stock one that comes with fsx so you wont lose the airport.

Start flight sim and fly from Darrington heading towards KHQM and see if you still have the same issue, it may not cure it but it may help. Also if you have the freeware 2S1 Vashon Island enabled it might pay to disable that as well in the fsx scenery options for the time being.

It is a long shot this will help but i have found even though i can have 30fps or more at KSEA texture loading can be slow around that area.

Paul

Well - that's it then - the textures aren't loading fast enough... I have to look into my bookmarks what I did two years ago with my crappy original GTS-240 card. I had the same result... Ich hatte damals gedacht, dass ich verrueckt gehen wuerde... :)

Try to google fsx + blurries, I'll look around in the mean time.

I assume you've got the "anisotropic" and "antialiasing" boxes active?! What about your nVidea basic settings?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The cfg tweaked by venetubo after the standart cfg couldn´t improve it.....

// This file was tweaked on Apr 12, 2012 at 11:34 GMT using Bojote's automated FSX Tweaking & Tuning Service

// Your 'original' fsx.CFG file was backed up at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx/828e0ae1b17218ac09d2b3b285263ec1/backup/fsx_backup.cfg

// This file is optimized as follows: 4 core(s), CPU speed 5, HT 0, GPU 4, PREF 1

// You can visit Bojote's FSX Tweaking & Tuning service at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

[RWW_WEATHER_MAP]

SHOW_AIRPORTS=0

SHOW_AIRSPACE=0

SHOW_APPROACHES=0

SHOW_DATATAGS=1

SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1

SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0

SHOW_JET=0

SHOW_NDBS=0

SHOW_TERRAIN=1

SHOW_VICTOR=0

SHOW_VORS=0

SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1

SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1

[bufferPools]

PoolSize=30000000

RejectThreshold=131072

UsePools=0

[VirtualCopilot]

VirtualCopilotActive=0

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580.0]

Mode=1400x1050x32

Anisotropic=1

[sOUND]

AmbientUI=0

AmbientUIMusic=FSX01

AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000

PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

SOUND=1

SOUND_FADER1=0.640000

SOUND_FADER2=0.600000

SOUND_FADER3=0.560000

SOUND_FADER4=1.000000

SOUND_LOD=1

SOUND_QUALITY=2

UISound=1

VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

[slewTextInfo.1]

AirSpeed=1,5

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

[AContain]

LabelColor=FFFF0000

LabelDelay=1000

ShowLabelAirline=0

ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0

ShowLabelAirspeed=0

ShowLabelAltitude=1

ShowLabelContainerId=0

ShowLabelDistance=1

ShowLabelFlightPlan=0

ShowLabelHeading=0

ShowLabelManufacturer=1

ShowLabelModel=1

ShowLabelTailNumber=0

ShowLabels=0

ShowUserLabel=0

[ATC]

AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=0

COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840

COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00

COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6

COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF

COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B

PilotVoice=0

ShowATCText=1

UsePilotVoice=1

[TextInfo.1]

AirSpeed=1,5

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[AccelerationPack]

ControlsFirstRun=0

HomePageFirstRun=0

[iNTERNATIONAL]

ASLAT=2

ASLON=1

MEASURE=0

[CONTROLS]

Controls_Current=Standard

Controls_Default=Standard

KBDAIL=64

KBDELEV=64

KBDRUD=64

[FACILITIES]

CITY=

COUNTRY=

GTL_BUTTON=1244

STATE=

[TextInfo.3]

AirSpeed=1,5

Altitude=1,3

AverageFrameRate=2,2

FrameRate=2,1

FuelPercentage=2,4

GForce=2,3

Heading=1,4

Latitude=1,1

LockedFrameRate=0

Longitude=1,2

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[PointOfInterestSystem]

CycleSetting=0

[GRAPHICS]

AC_SELF_SHADOW=0

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

D3D10=0

EFFECTS_QUALITY=2

ForceFullScreenVSync=1

ForceWindowedVSync=1

GROUND_SHADOWS=0

HIGHMEMFIX=1

IMAGE_QUALITY=0

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

NUM_LIGHTS=8

See_Self=1

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

TEXTURE_QUALITY=3

Text_Scroll=1

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672

[TrafficManager]

AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=2

AirlineDensity=10

FreewayDensity=16

GADensity=20

IFROnly=0

LeisureBoatsDensity=0

ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0

[DynamicHeadMovement]

HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000

LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000

MaxHeadAngle=5.000000

MaxHeadOffset=0.300000

RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000

RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000

YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000

[REALISM]

AllowEngineDamage=True

AutoCoord=False

AutoTrim=False

CrashDetection=True

CrashTolerance=1.000000

CrashWithDyn=False

GEffect=True

General=1.000000

GyroDrift=True

GyroEffect=1.000000

ManualLights=True

PFactor=0.000000

RealMixture=True

StressDamage=True

Torque=0.000000

TrueAirspeed=True

UnlimitedFuel=False

[Weather]

AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1

CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=7

CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=5

DETAILED_CLOUDS=1

DisableTurbulence=0

DownloadWindsAloft=0

DynamicWeather=2

MaxGustRampSpeed=200

MaxGustTime=500

MaxVarRampSpeed=75

MaxVarTime=50

MinGustRampSpeed=1

MinGustTime=10

MinVarRampSpeed=10

MinVarTime=5

THERMAL_VISUALS=0

TurbulenceScale=1.000000

WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0

WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com

WeatherServerPort=80

WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1

[Misc]

Com_Rate=7

[Main]

DisablePreload=1

HideMenuFullscreen=1

HideMenuNormal=0

Location=231,177,1271,955,\\.\DISPLAY1

Maximized=1

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

ProcSpeed=18451

PerfBucket=7

[Trusted]

C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe.wkwwzkbktreoaaqitcecnearzcczaahtrroohzno=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe.zorhttzolzauwbbwzbuwlakqarncnenulwierniu=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\FS Recorder for FSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll.nbaalekzehwzuialleottkownkzboicrqohlkqoi=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.iircrncunhortbrlwhckinqzbhohaawaoorkzrak=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.ubrcawlqkwhrqnktewelctelawqcalaoeeoltbna=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\BonF331.GAU.aeqcbzzqnacartknubozehoatbcwuklltzbkwqqz=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\BonF332.GAU.zbuqzqwnuwwheolcrrcwtliwtebqrqkuuwlwobtl=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.ulbewzobozequciolalarzoebouhbbkutkwhklia=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\EH101.DLL.urzbzqcanowbcilezunwnchiuzeatteoqilnkezk=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Hobbs.GAU.nlhnwcztqkorwcernchbiknuoqwrulielhnurcqa=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.qkiwoluulacwciizcqoiqrqkrkqnuwquoabzkkbr=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\P46T_Cabin_alt.GAU.qwlbztlorntllbkakecnqtqrbzeaocwubhkubhct=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA46TJ.DLL.kektzwthbwlzznztnlzbhznlqrnktbuezekqchbo=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL.cuwqerqkuielicnahotlukbaewnntulablliueob=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL.rwzenlaureztlzbzieizllohnwrulkoalqzkuiwu=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL.nrzqlecrhtkeeioqkwhrzalhrwzoqhweotktnrcq=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Radio_P46T.DLL.iuznaubhqhiltincelohrortbizkhnbaknzocaew=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\WX_Gauge_3D_P46T.DLL.hznqinchukqqwnouhqauebowawziinqelrrakbtk=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\fa-18.DLL.ooklnqoktuzlqwewiqtictlcakeqkhoazwzucaqu=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\orbsnd.DLL.uebhqwtoiauwehquoznhkchcnwquokuuktblleoa=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.aoqwctbhlntuztnlkwonthhwaaknicerqhlqnknq=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.auruekuaqoakabwneekwtbiqnznrlwzrbwriqrle=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBAS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YBAS.dll.eoqzkhloruwuulrekhwecczqzbiuuzuueckbkeeq=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\ObjectFlow_YBCS.dll.eoqzkhloruwuulrekhwecczqzbiuuzuueckbkeeq=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YMML.dll.eoqzkhloruwuulrekhwecczqzbiuuzuueckbkeeq=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CEJ4\scenery\ObjectFlow_cej4.dll.eoqzkhloruwuulrekhwecczqzbiuuzuueckbkeeq=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\ObjectFlow_PAKT.dll.eoqzkhloruwuulrekhwecczqzbiuuzuueckbkeeq=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.qilcubociqnrbhntlewecrazqcnlwuzanhiirkow=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.taqzkhlahnknenqzilahhqrekqkliteuobbwenle=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_Spitfire\panel\A2A_spit.DLL.cncztllnttaweoncnllzkhaewuqbeilakikqkwwt=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_Spitfire\panel\A2A_spit.DLL.twnreiwoqazrnokitezbuntluqbaczuccqllzeka=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.eqttebhzqlalzlhtrulrwwuhkohkntkrrezbeouu=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe.znlebuzqctkkeqaoqrllzkunzawhewhqiqcnqreb=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Real Environment Xtreme 2.0\rexwxengine2.exe.hlickuhbqhiirbiaaribaznbiahhizuuaoqanknn=1

[TextInfo.2]

AverageFrameRate=1,2

FrameRate=1,1

FuelPercentage=1,4

GForce=1,3

LockedFrameRate=0

[uSERINTERFACE]

DisplayFuelAsWeight=0

Map_Orientation=2

OpenATCOnCreate=0

PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1

PROMPT_ON_EXIT=0

PageID=1

SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0

SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM

SelectAircraftManufacturer=Alle

SelectAircraftPublisher=Orbx Simulation Systems

SelectAircraftType=Alle

ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1

[sIM]

SYSCLOCK=1

[Display]

ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64

ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

BLOOM_EFFECTS=0

ChangeTime=4.000000

InfoBrakesEnable=False

InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255

InfoOverspeedEnable=False

InfoParkingBrakesEnable=False

InfoPauseEnable=False

InfoSlewEnable=False

InfoStallEnable=False

InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0

InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0

NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64

NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40

TextureMaxLoad=30

TransitionTime=4.000000

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0

WideViewAspect=False

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

[slewTextInfo.3]

AirSpeed=1,5

Altitude=1,3

FrameRate=2,1

Heading=1,4

Latitude=1,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

Longitude=1,2

[WeatherMap]

SHOW_AIRPORTS=0

SHOW_AIRSPACE=0

SHOW_APPROACHES=0

SHOW_DATATAGS=1

SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1

SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0

SHOW_JET=0

SHOW_NDBS=0

SHOW_TERRAIN=1

SHOW_VICTOR=0

SHOW_VORS=0

SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1

SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1

[PANELS]

DEFAULT_VIEW=0

IMAGE_QUALITY=1

PANEL_MASKING=1

PANEL_OPACITY=100

PANEL_STRETCHING=1

QUICKTIPS=0

UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0

[sTARTUP]

DEMO=0

LoadWindow=1

SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1

STARTUP_DEMO=0

[slewTextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

[TERRAIN]

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

LOD_RADIUS=6.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=90

MESH_RESOLUTION=23

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=2500

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=3000

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=28

WATER_EFFECTS=4

[sCENERY]

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

LENSFLARE=1

MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=3

SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0

[FlightPlanMap]

LineWidth=2

SHOW_AIRPORTS=1

SHOW_AIRSPACE=1

SHOW_APPROACHES=1

SHOW_DATATAGS=1

SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1

SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1

SHOW_JET=0

SHOW_NDBS=1

SHOW_TERRAIN=1

SHOW_VICTOR=0

SHOW_VORS=1

SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1

SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1

show_ac_twr=1

show_airways=1

show_markers=1

show_volume_boundaries=1

show_waypoints=1

[MULTIPLAYER]

condAccoutPassword=0

VoiceVolume=2.000000

I'd change this

[bufferPools]

PoolSize=30000000

RejectThreshold=131072

UsePools=0

if you set a pool size and a reject threshold the pools should be active, so set this to 1

also if you use the shader mod 3.0 => ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

I advice to return the stuff to shader mod 2.0 and take it from there, shader mod 3.0 can be tricky to run

if you look at my sig you'll see that I have a reasonably similar system to yours and I don't have the issue you are having,

if the issues persist I'd propose to do a complete clean install of your Vidcard and drivers I can recommend the 301.24 Beta they work a treat at this end

Also some more detailed info on your Hardware and OS would be handy ;)

Also, you can try to set the fps limit (internally - your first screen) to 25 or 30 (with your powerful system). I have it set to 18 and the textures are loading just fine. And I'm not using the inspector either, just basic Nvidia settings in the W7 Control Panel.

In the config I've got just this (reg Bufferpools):

[bufferPools]

RejectThreshold=131072

Perhaps change this: Yours:

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=2500

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=3000

to:

=1000

=800

And this: TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

to: =1024

You can always to increase the settings once you have eveyrthing working just fine.

More than plenty! Easier to load...

For better or worse... :) Each system is different.

I would get rid of all the tweaks altogether, fsx.cfg/jesustweaks/shader mod/NickN settings, the lot, really, you dont need them with the system you have

Just run FSX the way it was meant to using the sliders, you'll find its a much more pleasant experience

Also make 100% sure you do not have some form of antivirus scanning your HD!!

I have to agree with Tim.

Get rid of all the tweaks / modifications.

Look at Windows for other processes that are running. Disable your Antivirus / Spyware / Malware scanners (including Windows Defender which is installed by default) and retest.

You have slow texture loading on a system that should not be struggling. Reinstalling will not help (the scenery is there, it is just not loading quickly enough) Tweaks will not help .. but will make it confusing, and if anything they will make performance worse.

Unfortunately there is a belief out there that tweaks are a quick fix for a system that just isn't working as it should. As you are finding, this is not the case.

Clean install, get the performance right. Then tweak if you must (but you probably won't need to)

Well, there is one thing I can say......your support is absolutely AMAZING :) :) :)

I could solve my problem with some of your advice and now, I can enjoy the beauty of ORBX again!

This picture was taken just a few moments after take-off from Cushman Meadows :)

Posted Image

And here is what I did:

1.) limited frames internally to 30.....

2.) set TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048

3.) deleted PoolSize=30000000 and UsePools=0 entries

4.) set TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1800

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000

5.) started smiling when I realized that the situation has improved totally :)

Edit: works with nvidia frame limiter too......that results in a slightly better performance

THANKS A LOT!!!!

Good to see you got it sorted out! Your system should chew through FSX and give you a very nice experience :)

Only last bit of advice is remove the autogen limiter tweaks in the CFG. Try playing with the sliders and see if you can get it well adjusted there. But then again "don't fix it if it ain't broke".

Regards

I would get rid of all the tweaks altogether, fsx.cfg/jesustweaks/shader mod/NickN settings, the lot, really, you dont need them with the system you have

Just run FSX the way it was meant to using the sliders, you'll find its a much more pleasant experience

Also make 100% sure you do not have some form of antivirus scanning your HD!!

Makes perfect sense to me. :) Was having the same exact problem recently with the closer terrain textures being blurry in PNW, though not quite as bad. Took your suggestion, Tim (& Ian), moving my fsx.cfg file out & allowing FSX to rebuild a clean one. Had put back into the new .cfg file only the following lines/relevant changes:

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=90

(same locked framerate @ 24)

That's it.

Worked! 8) Only now, a new problem, & one that may offer a hint to those experiencing a few problems with the orbx Lancair IVP after version 1.3 update:

One by one, when first loading FSX after dumping the .cfg file, the "Hobbs.gau" will not allow me to "Run" it when asked if I want to, locking up for minutes while doing nothing.

Posted Image

When finally clicking "Don't Run" then the flight popped right up with the Lancair ready. All other orbx modules went through after clicking "Yes", but not the Hobbs,gau. This gauge is related to the orbx Lancair, correct? Not knowing what the Hobbs gauge is, am not knowing what to look for on the panel. All seems to be in order & she seems to fly okay, though I am far from a procedural pilot & do not know when it comes down to it. Thought this worthy of reporting.

Will post this on a separate & new post if you'd like, thanks guys.

.* Edit *- Heys, guys... have figured this out. In the fsx.cfg file the following entry was found:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Hobbs.GAU.tqouokhlzbwhhwrteqwbkerrcrulhqcblnrkbunw=-2 <--- There is a minus sign just before the 2.

Removing this minus sign has FSX loading the Lancair default flight perfectly now. 8)

.* Edit *- Heys, guys... have figured this out. In the fsx.cfg file the following entry was found:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Hobbs.GAU.tqouokhlzbwhhwrteqwbkerrcrulhqcblnrkbunw=-2 <--- There is a minus sign just before the 2.

Removing this minus sign has FSX loading the Lancair default flight perfectly now. 8)

.* Edit 2 *- Have just figured out figuring it out. Posted Image A little bit any how. That minus sign before the 2 merely means that I'd clicked "Don't Run", correct? A "Doh!!" moment... though the problem of the module not wanting to load after clicking "Run" after performing the above remains a problem for me after the latest patch. Maybe this will help you get it sorted out. Thanks again.

Archived