Olgas v2.0 aviable

Argharg

With the original, you created a folder for it somewhere and added it to the scenery list. I created an Olgas folder in FSX/Addon Scenery, for instance. You should be able to update by just copying and pasting the two folders (Scenery and Texture) into the folder you created and letting it overwrite the files already there in those two folders.

Thanks, Etienne! As real as it gets.

But to be honest, without these tourist bunkers the desert around these rocks had more grandness. At least we simmers can visit the beauties of the (FTX) world without leaving our garbage and needing accomodations in the middle of nowhere.

But to be honest, without these tourist bunkers the desert around these rocks had more grandness. At least we simmers can visit the beauties of the (FTX) world without leaving our garbage and needing accomodations in the middle of nowhere.

sad but true. Etienne

I had problems with it blending with FTX. When you flew over it, the outlines would show and brown patches appeared around the perimeters.

I have a clean FSX/FTX with no other add-ons bar REX and OZx. I tried changing the levels, via the scenery adjuster, but it was the same, no matter what.

My spec affords me a pretty solid set of slider settings, so before anyone starts saying my settings are wrong, think again.

It's the first non-standard FSX/FTX I've had on this newly built machine, but it's now gone.

Nice work, tho,

Frank

strange. except if you want an exact color match this should not happen. just look at the differents pics on the net from different users.

the scene has been downloaded like 1,000 times overall and you are the only one with that feedback.

are you sure your ftx central was on "oceania" when you tested it?

etienne

I had the same/similar problem. The edges of the scenery where flickering in v1. Removed it and installed V2 and so far it seems ok. Also bought it to the near top of the scenery library.

Thanks again etienne

Hello everybody,

I've just downloaded and installed the files into my FSX scenery folder.

Now i have a question :

I am unfamiliar with the australian continent as i come from France and I've never been to this lovely country...

What is the closest airport to take off from and fly over this beauty ?

Is it Ayer's rock ? If it is, anyone could give me an approximative heading to fly in order to get there ?

Thanks for your help !

Cheers

Hi, and thanks for your hard work. Been there today and it's a very nice diorama landscape. Just one question though: I've seen the Olgas, especially the huge boulders, are cut in half between their slopes. Is it really so?

Cheers.

Hi Manta, probably something to do with resolution or something , I know nothing about scenery creation. Just google some pictures...

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=olgas&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-au:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7PRFB_enAU463&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=7yAvT_DLBeafiAe2t_HdDg&ved=0CG4QsAQ&biw=1920&bih=908

Hi Alan, thanks. I glanced at Olgas through Google Earth yesterday and they didn't seem to be as cut in half as instead they are! Probably the narrow hallways should be less abeam with the terrain, but I can live with that. It's a great package addon and free!!

My guess is that it is not possible to texture an internal sheer wall, and to be honest, I think someone is being a bit nit picky here.. This is a great addon, so just accept it as it was produced, and enjoy flying a once barren area. Teecee.

• 4 years later...

Archived