Carenado C172n incomming

petejohno

This just arrived in my inbox from Carenado...

Subject: CARENADO NEXT GENERATION

Carenado enters in a new generation of product development (CARENADO NEXT GENERATION)

Fernando Herrera explains: â€FSX has opened a whole new world of technological possibilities to push up even more our high quality standards. In this new era we have adopted the latest in modeling techniques: (NURBS modeling) and improved the development techniques of high resolution textures resulting in a photorealistic representation with very friendly FPS performance. All of this plus new FSX effects such as normal mapping, specular mapping, freshnel effects among others.

We achieved a new quality standard that was impossible to reach until now which we are absolutely convinced will delight our fans and customers.

With this, we enforce our compromise with our customers to give them high quality products which truly representations of the reality in terms of visual and behavior parameters.

We invite all the community to take a look to our next projects developed under this new technology which will be released soon (press here to see them).

IMHO Carenado are the quintessential GA Aircraft producers for Flight simulation, their Aircraft are what other manufacturers should aspire too.

Now all you tube flyer's will really under stand why I fly exclusively GA,

Just so we don't sound like a retail booster for Carenado, note that Flight 1 have had a good FSX 172 for some time.  One of its really good points is its sounds, reminded me of the old girl I did my training in,

Sorry but the Flight1 C172 is an FS9 port which for me does not cut the mustard. Fernando's 172 is built for FSX from the ground up.

Just so we don't sound like a retail booster for Carenado, note that Flight 1 have had a good FSX 172 for some time.  One of its really good points is its sounds, reminded me of the old girl I did my training in,

Sorry but the Flight1 C172 is an FS9 port which for me does not cut the mustard. Fernando's 172 is built for FSX from the ground up.

...And it is a 172R, a newer type. But John is right. Although the Flight1 Cessna is good, it is stays a FS9 plane with a very simple interior. Wasn't the 'R' the first type Cessna built after a production stop of the Skyhawk? I'll head over to Wikipedia later  ;D

I've dropped my wishes for an older type 172 by Carenado in a few posts on different forums. It made my day to read the news I'll be getting that plane in my hangar soon. Wow, a 172N, a 152 and a rebuild of their other planes up to FSX standard... I know where my money is going  ;D8)

Looks great, but i am sure there is room for improvement!  ;D

Russ.

Yes indeed, this is one paint I would love to get done...  I am trying to arrange access to get pictures of this baby...

Steve are you up for it?  ;D

Posted Image

Cheers,

I hope they didn't put the 152 on the back burner in favor of the 172! With my heavily modded default 172 I can certainly wait a little bit longer for Carenado's model (but not too long! ;)), but I can't wait to get the C152! I check the Carenado website every day to see if there are some news about the C152.

I hope they didn't put the 152 on the back burner in favor of the 172! With my heavily modded default 172 I can certainly wait a little bit longer for Carenado's model (but not too long! ;)), but I can't wait to get the C152! I check the Carenado website every day to see if there are some news about the C152.

Heavily modded you say?  ;) Do you have a modified .cfg that better reflects the real flight model? If so please share. I can't stand the stock one. I agree about the 152, can't wait for that..Cheers, Steve.

Heavily modded you say?  ;) Do you have a modified .cfg that better reflects the real flight model? If so please share. I can't stand the stock one. I agree about the 152, can't wait for that..Cheers, Steve.

I didn't do anything with the FM, but Alexander Metzger from Digital Aviation did.

http://metzgergva.de/FSX_cessna_e.html

Even side slipping works, now!

Check his main page for more aircraft mods:

http://metzgergva.de/default_e.htm

Now add new sound, lights and a nice livery, and you are good to go!  ;)

Archived