New and (vastly) impproved!

Bandit

Well after gutting my FSX PC, installing a new motherboard, faster CPU, top notch graphics card, fast RAM, liquid CPU cooler and some SSDs I have finally reinstalled FSX, FTX and REX and must say I am very pleased with the results. I can finally run smoothly with everything at maximum. One very happy chappy.. Thanks to all (especially Emmsie & Wolter) for all the valuable advice and assistance.

Here is my first of hopefully will be many FTX happy snaps!

Posted Image

Nice rig! Is it OCed? I see yo chose the gtx 590 3gb. Sweet!

Congrats and happy landings.

No shes not been OCed - yet 8) & to be honest I wouldnt know where to start. The ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe\Gen3 has an utility to do auto overclocking. I might try that.

The lowest frame rate I have seen is YMML at 26fps

The only real problem I had during the rebuild though was bad RAM. I initially used Corsair Vengance RAM running XMP setup. It was OK at first then I started running FSX for more than 15 mins the whole PC crashed to a BSOD. I replaced the RAM with G.Skill and all is fine.,

Bandit

If you have the A1 ASUS II icon on your desktop. just open it. A bar of the Asus selection will appear; select Auto Tuning. Press the fast as arrowed in the screeny

Posted Image

The next pop up will be the start. Press the Start. your machine will then auto close and reboot.

Don't be alarmed on the reboot that the machine will stop and restart. This is the Bios getting the new settings.

Once it has rebooted you will be presented with a pop up saying 30% increase just click OK; thats it.

but don't be alarmed when you have shut your machine down and on opening the next time, it will fire up and then fire down. this is normal; again it is the BIOS getting the overclock data. After a few startups the system will them revert to the original PC spec. It will fire up and close twice and will then give you a BIOS window telling you to hit F1 to reset the bios. So just hit F1 then on the next window hit F5 and then the next window F10. Your PC will then be back to it's original spec and to overclock again; go through the Asus suite like the first time.

But the best thing about this way of overclocking is that it is not permenent. Therfore you are not shortening the life of your chip.

Any probs pm me..

James

I agree with jaydor. I have the Asus ROG version of the OCer and it works great. (but I manually do it anyways)

IMO - about OC shortening the life of a processor - It is not like it will die in a year or even 3 (well maybe 3 depends how aggresive) But by the time the processor does die earlier due to OC (like 7 years instead of 12) by that time you should be able to replace it for $100 -. 8)

My 2 cents anyways.

Archived