Fog/Mist line

Bassman

Screenie taken at Milford Sound with default Maule. This is not an Orbx problem, probably just a limitation of FSX?

The following shots show a definite line which appears to mark the boundary of mist.

Is there any way of "blending" the mist level to make it look more natural please?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Along with alan2, this is a FSX weather thing and not related to scenery. It is probably the weather hitting the side and because it is computer designed show the lines. Other than that I do not know though again, like alan2, I hope that the update for REX will eliminate the lines.

Tom B.

I have exactly the same problem depending on the area where i fly. I tried different video settings but no success yet to remove it.

Most often i see this line while flying near mountains. I have rex that in principle should clear low level at 40 nm with its low level visibility but it does not.

Thanks everyone. Personally, I like having mist and fog where it is a real world weather install and just turning it off would not be a solution for me.

I also think that just adjusting the height would probably also just adjust the height of the "line".

Anyway thanks again for your input.

If you are using addon weather apps it is possible that having the weather set to change over time can cause issues like that but more in heavy cloud cover, you can see it as you go through the layers of clouds so its always best to keep that setting off in the fsx weather options as it will mess with real world weather.

Nice one John! ;)

Now seriously, that's a well known FSX issue/limitation and has been discussed hundreds of times during the past 10 years. It is also present in FS9 (and probably in older FS versions). There is no solution AFIK. Also REX and ASE do not offer real solutions but only workarounds.

Wolfgang

I'm probably being naive on this (or maybe just completely up the spout), but isn't this horizontale line just the upper limit of FSX's standard visibility setting? ... I get round this by just making sure that the VIZ height is higher than any terrain in the area that I am gling to fly in (on my system the default proposed by FSX seems to 14,000 ft ... in weather/user generated/visibility)

Anyway, if I see this horizontal mist/fog line, I just go into the menu (on the fly) and up the VIZ height and the problem disppears ......

David

Bonjour Bassman,

Cloud base height might have some affect ...... but I resolve this problem by adjusting the default VIZ height ... go to FSX menu:

--- WORLD

--- WEATHER

--- User defined weather

--- Customize

--- Advanced weather

--- VISIBILITY ... and here change "Tops (MSL)" to an altitude higher than the highest terrain in the area in which you are flying (default 15,000ft)

... this has an immediate affect even whilst you are flying ... !!!

Let me know if this helps (or that I am really up the spout!) ...... David

Archived