YLIL Lilydale Airport Version 1.5 is now available!

John Venema

Guest Aussieman

Two in one day!!!! John this is almost too much. Great work team. You have my thanks. I may not always post a thankyou but rest assured your work is much appreciated.

By the way John, might be a good idea to get the airport groundsman out there with the rideon mower and do something about that grass  ;D ;D

Cheers

Pat

Guest Private-Cowboy

Great, you're really on a roll now.

I've an issue though. It seems I'm missing a texture...

Posted Image

Am I doing something wrong? What texture is that? Or is that meant to be plain black?

Edit: Just tried a reinstall of all three freeware fields but it stays black. Looks like a texture is missing in the installers since I can see in your previews that this is not supposed to be black. Please help!

PC,

that is not a missing texture, you have a double texture somewhere, we ran into this with testing and there was a cure, have to search exactly wich file it was.

I'll get back to you asap or if someone else of the team remembers it directly wich one it was, feel free to jump in :)

just downloaded it & launy....both brilliant. some nice little extras in & around lilytdale...nice touch. Launceston is one I fly in & out of regularly and your rendition is so realistic I think I saw my car in the parking lot. Well done team

Cheers, John W

Guest Private-Cowboy

PC,

Come to think of it, do you still have the FTXAA_FREEWARE 1.2 installed ?

if so, then disable it and see if that solves the "issue", I was barking up the worng tree it is not a texture but an objects library that was at fault, hence the blackout on that object.

I have a clean install of FSX that does not have the FTX Freeware at all. The black issue happens no matter if I install the new OZx Freeware 1.0 or not. I have no FTX Freeware folder present at all. That can't be it then.

Any further ideas???

John, i'm 10000km away from my computer at the moment.  But when I get back home I will be straight in to the downloads.  Once again my congratulations for the tremendous effort from you and the team, and servicing us so well with a continuous stream of free and payware.

Lilydale with a windsock is a small but vital improvement, but the other goodies look great as well.

Thank you.

PC,

Come to think of it, do you still have the FTXAA_FREEWARE 1.2 installed ?

if so, then disable it and see if that solves the "issue", I was barking up the worng tree it is not a texture but an objects library that was at fault, hence the blackout on that object.

I have a clean install of FSX that does not have the FTX Freeware at all. The black issue happens no matter if I install the new OZx Freeware 1.0 or not. I have no FTX Freeware folder present at all. That can't be it then.

Any further ideas???

Check your folders for MRHlib.bgl or something to that effect, that lib is obsolete and would normally have been autodeleted but it may have slipped past somewhere.

Its that same model but has a different texture call.

Firstly, I've always enjoyed YLIL - beautiful strip in a beautiful area.

But - these black gables: how about using a different Gable mdl? This glitch has occurred before.

I believe, the previous time, it may have been due to the file mentioned being in an early YMML Alpha.  It must have a different name now or be a different problem as I have no *MRH* files in my FSX, except for "KMRH.txt", a Digital Aviation file.

I also tried disabling all the other scenery, then bringing it back in - if I had gables they were black.

Anyone see my first post on this?  I seem to have lost it.

Mark, we specifically addressed the black gables by moving the original libs to their own dedicated library now found in ORBXLIBS.

My PC is a brand new OS rebuild of a week old. I have FSX-SP2, installed AU BLUE, GOLD, YMML, YMPQ, YRED beta, YMLT and YLIL and I don't have black gables. Neither has it been reported by any of the testing team. I can only assume that the black texture issue is being caused by a rogue file somewhere on your system and the best way to find it is to disable all scenery lib entries (other than the ones I list above) and see if the white gables come back.

I also tried disabling all the other scenery, then bringing it back in - if I had gables they were black.

(except I didn't disable FTXAA_AIRPORTS)

Hullo John

I then started re-enabling the scenery as mentioned in my previous post: the ORBXLIBS first - the YLIL gables were black - as they also are at YMLT.

Is YMML a prerequisite?  Is there possibly a file devs and testers have which is required but didn't make it into the builds?

Now this scenery is great , I have seen the flock of birds , and the balloons but is there any AI aircraft there ? , as I saw a twin engine ,light aircraft land and park , I haven't touched the Scotch (yet ) . Looked good .

John, let me join the thank you chorus for these generous additions to your outstanding range of products for FSX.

You and your team are making the difference in our simulated playground.

THANK YOU!

Regards, Paul

I have only just got around to finally installing your freeware Lilydale, and it's fantastic! I must say, the edge grass makes it a lot easier to work out "taxiways" and stuff. Great fun showing a friend, he was having a go at landing with the Carenado Cherokee when the birds flew out of the tree on approach and spooked him into a go-around! As he has been doing real PPL training at Bankstown, he found it a lot of fun!

Lilydale is great for a "quickie"  ;D too, just a short run over to OZx Healesville strip and back again!

As with everything you guys do: absolute quality, awesome, brilliant! Payware and freeware of the highest standard!

Archived