FTX NZSI - Shots from another Kiwi

Here are a few shots I have taken of various places around Te Waipounamu (South Island). Having lived in Marlborough and been on many road trips around most of the Island its great to see it in the sim in such majestic form.

One place, Karamea which is a small isolated area north of Westport was where my Grandfather was born and were my Great Grandparents settled in the 1800's. Their bed is in the Westport museum which is quite funny to announce to people but is fun to know they are part of New Zealands rich history.

Anyway enjoy

High altitude view of Banks Peninsula

Posted Image

The Kaikoura Ranges

Posted Image

Posted Image

High Altitude Marlborough Sounds

Posted Image

St Arnaud Ranges

Posted Image

Farewell Spit

Posted Image

Wanganui Inlet and Golden Bay

Posted Image

Buller Gorge

Posted Image

Karamea

Posted Image

Grey River

Posted Image

Waiho

Posted Image

Franz Josef

Posted Image

Franz Josef Glacier from the top

Posted Image

The Mesh is really amazing, you will really appeciate the height of the mountains when you find your stuck in a valley because you cant climb fast enough in your Cessna and you end you flying in circles to get out lol. There have even been times during testing when i have had quite a real sense of vertigo.

The Mesh is really amazing, you will really appeciate the height of the mountains when you find your stuck in a valley because you cant climb fast enough in your Cessna and you end you flying in circles to get out lol. There have even been times during testing when i have had quite a real sense of vertigo.

lol so true

looks awesome

Beautiful shots and thank you. As a Nelsonian, it is good to be reminded just how spectacular and beautiful the NZ South Island really is. One minor, minor, fing - it is the Grey River that runs into the sea near Greymouth.

Beautiful shots and thank you. As a Nelsonian, it is good to be reminded just how spectacular and beautiful the NZ South Island really is. One minor, minor, fing - it is the Grey River that runs into the sea near Greymouth.

Oops my bad... my excuse is that I am a Wellingtonian. Now fixed!... the label not the Wellingtonian bit....

Seconded, great shots thanks Martin!

One of the things I remember from flying around Karamea was the incredibly dark sediment out-flowing from the estuary into the much lighter sea. Interesting phenomenon.

Cheers,

Iain

Archived