Airport "night sounds"...

PFS

I love all the ambient sounds at all the small airports, especially the birds singing.

One day last week I started a very late evening flight at one of the small airports, and heard the same birds singing. 8)

And from what I've learned from the Beatles, only blackbirds sing in the dead of night. ;D

So, what I'm wondering... I wonder if it's possible to have ambient sounds "triggered" by the time of day? And, instead of hearing birds singing at a small airport at 11:30pm, we'd hear crickets/insect sounds?

Just curious... ::)

~Paul

Yes all this is possible and we are in the process of expanding our audio library and fine tuning the audio to trigger different sounds at night, but it's an ongoing process and you may not see patches to existing airports for some time. We do however, understand the need to vary audio according to time of day.

Awesome news, John! I'm glad to hear that it's on the radar screen of the seemingly never-ending improvements to the immersive qualities of Orbx sceneries. They just keep gettin' better an' better!

Though... as night environment sounds are explored and integrated, you can leave out large teenage parties nearby with blaring rap music goin' on all hours of the night... 8)

Awesome news, John! I'm glad to hear that it's on the radar screen of the seemingly never-ending improvements to the immersive qualities of Orbx sceneries. They just keep gettin' better an' better!

Though... as night environment sounds are explored and integrated, you can leave out large teenage parties nearby with blaring rap music goin' on all hours of the night... 8)

The day that Orbx starts adding Rap "music" to their products will be a sad day indeed... ;)

Archived