Only a short flight but beautiful scenery

airman

For those who haven't flown up the coast from Cairns, I just wanted to share this with you. I flew a C172N from Cairns to Cooktown at approx 2000 ft just off the coast and I experience some of the most beautiful scenery. This is the first time I have visited this area and was pleasantly surprised how beautiful this area is. I liked it so much I tried the same flight with a C337 Skymaster at 6000 ft and a little farther off the coast. It is still amazing. This just goes to show what an impact ORBX has made in all their endeavors to bring us these products. Congratulations to ORBX and all those involved..

Hi airman,

thanks for the feedback and kind words, much appreciated!

I certainly agree that the Cairns area has some spectacular land- and waterscapes. Interestingly, most screenshots I've seen after the release of the Cairns airport add-on have focused on the town and coast itself; makes me wonder how many users have noticed that we've included about 250 by 50 km of photoreal Great Barrier Reef scenery starting about 20km offshore.

Cheers, Holger

Hi airman,

thanks for the feedback and kind words, much appreciated!

I certainly agree that the Cairns area has some spectacular land- and waterscapes. Interestingly, most screenshots I've seen after the release of the Cairns airport add-on have focused on the town and coast itself; makes me wonder how many users have noticed that we've included about 250 by 50 km of photoreal Great Barrier Reef scenery starting about 20km offshore.

Cheers, Holger

Pre flighting for a tour now Holger!

Archived