QF487 Departure from YMML

Old Archie

A very dirty 'Maitland' (Level-D 767 with McPhat paintjob v3) departing YMML for YSSY.  Only took a couple of shots cos I was too busy looking out the window to push the V key  ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm getting about 8 to 13 fps around YMML, a little jerky but not too bad.

Great Shots Archie!!  I see you have plenty of AI traffic, ground shadows off your aircraft and are getting 8 -13 fps. Can I ask what hardware you have on your computer?

Tony

I have the usual fsx.cfg tweaks, Autogen set at normal, AI Traffic at 50%, GA Traffic at 25%, Airport vehicles at Low, Road traffic at 8%, and I think Aircraft ground shadows are on.

I run a Q9450 CPU, 4GB of Corsair RAM and an XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra 1GB GPU and a 1920x1200 Dell 24" 2407 Monitor, OS is Vista 32bit.

I hesitate:

++ lovely scene as real as they can.....

--   a little bit expensive and 8-13 fps :-[ on high level computer!

Anyway, your pictures are fantastics and I think I will buy this wonderful YMML...  ::)

Bug.

I forgot to add, I ve got all the 'goodies' turned on in YMML, so I am sure I can squeeze another 5 FPS out of it by altering these in the YMML config utility, and if I turn off Aircraft ground shadows I can get another couple, so I reckon 15 to 20 if I fiddle around, not bad for such an awesome graphics intensive piece of software, and don't forget my GPU is 18 mths old, certainly not cutting edge!  And also, the Level D 767 aint no default aircraft, it does suck up quite a few FPS, trust me!  ;)

I reckon you could get extra FPS just by reducing your Level of Detail Radius to Medium and Autogen to Sparse, then leave the goodies active. Also make sure you have ground scenery shadows off.

Yes, aircraft shadows off will give you back at least 5PFS.

dunno what it is but I just love a nice crisp paint, i don't like when a plane looks like its been rolling in the mud, but I know I am one of the few, heaps of people will probably bag me but its just personal taste I guess.

Archived