ORBX involved in development Flight?

jerdoo

This question might have been asked before so don't shoot me for asking it again if this was the case ...

Is ORBX in anyway involved in the development of Microsoft Flight?

Looking at the video's they have released it does look like it but i might be mistaken ...

If not, it would be a great idea if you ask me :)

I most certainly wouldn't be surprised for one single minute. I mean, if you were looking at being at the forefront in scenery and FSX code design, regardless of where you worked, wouldn't you want to get onboard some guys with simply the finest knowledge and expertise in their field? However, it may be that JV and his gang have more on their plate than wanting to get involved with Microsoft, but then again.......

No we are not involved in the development of Flight, sorry to disappoint you :)

If and when it is finally released we will of course support it once we find out what is involved. In the meantime we have years of development planned on FSX, the most mature, expandable, full-featured simulator on the market today, that's just getting better and better. I think projects like 1WA6 Fall City sort of underscore that.

I suggest that folks not get too worried about Flight until such time as Microsoft's plans and release schedule becomes clearer and they have something to show to the world. Right now, 90% of all discussion seems to be speculation and people grandstanding their opinions.

• 4 weeks later...

FSX is still going strong thanks to companies like Orbx and I own all the regions and airports so far and honestly still haven't scene every bit of the regions range. I wouldn't buy flight even if it came out until Orbx was done with the FSX platform. Still so many possible airports in Australia and the U.S. so I'm patient and riding the Orbx wave.

You need to understand this about Flight:

until MS releases an SDK for it (like FS2004 and FSX before it), no developer in the world can create content for it. We also don't know *how* to create content or it, what has changed, what tools are needed, what certification process MS requires for XBOX Live, and how expensive it will be to develop for it. It may just cost too much for us to develop for it, if there are fundamental design changes.

We also need to be convinced there is a *market* for our products on Flight. I mean, without a large customer base for Flight, no developer will touch it really. So it is up to MS to market it and build a customer base. It may be a huge success, it may be a flop. That much will be established about 6 months after its release.

Until this information is known, we have to wait along with everyone else :)

Archived