NRM short hop.

Guest Dontay

Guest Dontay

After flying in from Revelstoke to Mable lake to play a little golf, I decided to head over to Salmon Arm to pick up some parts for my RC Heli. (My other hobby :D ) It never ceases to amaze me how I continually am awed by the beautiful scenery produced by ORBX. Even this simple short hop had me thinking "Wow, I love flying...errr, I mean sitting at my computer, pretending to fly." :P

Airplane : Cessna T210M by Carenado

Region : Northern Rocky Mountains

Departing ICAO : CBF9 Mable Lake

Arriving ICAO : CZAM Salmon Arm

Departing Mable Lake Private Airstrip which sits in the middle of the Mable Lake Golf Course.

Posted Image

Visibility is about 30 miles as we turn West for Salmon Arm.

Posted Image

Beautiful Mable Lake.

Posted Image

Just after passing Hidden Lake, we make our way through the valley over Ashton Creek.

Posted Image

Taking in the scenery.

Posted Image

The valley opens up as we approach Enderby. You can just make out the red PAPI lights of Salmon Arm to the right.

Cruising at 160NM in the T210, this is truly going to be a short hop.

Posted Image

Another look at Enderby along with Mt. Ida in the foreground (When does a hill become a mountain anyway? ) :P

Posted Image

A shot of the Valley to the North towards Mara.

Posted Image

Full flaps at 70 NM ready to touch down.

Posted Image

Hey! ...A Skymaster. Looks like Neil beat Carenado to it.

Posted Image

Parked up and tied down. Now...I think I'm ready for that taxi to the hobby store.

Posted Image

A shot of Neil's enhanced Salmon Arm airport. Wayyyyy better than default! :)

Posted Image

Thanks for looking! :)

A great flight over some very familiar territory for me!! I pass through Revelstoke everey summer on my way to Saskatoon to visit my family. Great shots Dontay!! By the way, Is that a different paint?

Not only are these a great set of screeshots, they are also great individually. Good commentary as well with them, so they are very pleasant to look at. Shows both the scenery and the aircraft off well. Good mixture of interior and exterior screenshots.

More like these please!!

smooth landings.

Great pics Dontay. I keep telling myself I have enough Carenado aircraft and that they are a becoming a bit samey, but I mus admit I keep coming back to the 210 and am tempted to get it. How are those that have finding it campares to other recent releases such as the Caravan for example? :)

Guest Dontay

Wow! Thanks everyone for the positive response to this post.

A great flight over some very familiar territory for me!! I pass through Revelstoke everey summer on my way to Saskatoon to visit my family. Great shots Dontay!! By the way, Is that a different paint?

Yeah Ricky, it's a repaint that I'm working on. I just have to finish the tedious task of lining up the stripes under the tail. I'll try and get it finished and posted soon along with another I'm working on.

Great pics Dontay. I keep telling myself I have enough Carenado aircraft and that they are a becoming a bit samey, but I mus admit I keep coming back to the 210 and am tempted to get it. How are those that have finding it campares to other recent releases such as the Caravan for example? :)

Thanks Blitzer! As you have already seen, the gauges are much cleaner and crisper. Shes incredibly fun to fly with lots of power. I don't think you will be disappointed. With the 210 I feel as though Carenado is trying to improve their quality rather than repackaging the same panels and sounds in a different airframe. The only thing I didn't care for was how sensitive the elevator control was but that can be easily fixed .

Wow! Thanks everyone for the positive response to this post.

Yeah Ricky, it's a repaint that I'm working on. I just have to finish the tedious task of lining up the stripes under the tail. I'll try and get it finished and posted soon along with another I'm working on.

Thanks Blitzer! As you have already seen, the gauges are much cleaner and crisper. Shes incredibly fun to fly with lots of power. I don't think you will be disappointed. With the 210 I feel as though Carenado is trying to improve their quality rather than repackaging the same panels and sounds in a different airframe. The only thing I didn't care for was how sensitive the elevator control was but that can be easily fixed .

Dontay, what did you do to fix the elevator sensitivity?

Archived