Cairns approach

G'day all,

Today's flight takes us on a regional charter from the mines of Mt Isa up to Cairns with a load of weary miners for a well earned break. I'm flying what is still my favourite regional people mover - the BAe Jetstream 4100 painted in my favourite skin., the wonderful Brindabella repaint by Frank. As usual, the flight was run with real weather from REX. Enjoy the flight!

Posted Image

Climbing out from Mt Isa in beautiful clear conditions

Posted Image

Still climbing...

Posted Image

...and cruising.

Posted Image

The odd cumulus dotting the landscape below. It'll be thickening up as we approach the coast I believe.

Posted Image

About to start the descent.

Posted Image

Ahh, water at last. Lining up to start the ILS approach into runway 15.

Posted Image

Localiser acquired, nearly spot on.

Posted Image

An easy approach, even with the gusty easterly breeze blowing

Posted Image

Safely down and taxiing out

Posted Image

Parked up at bay 10 and gazing upon the newly updated scenery :D

Hope you enjoyed!

Cheers,

Derek

What a great flight, realworld weather, fantastic paint and Cairns, especially those approach shots, i really felt like you had just done the flight in the real world and are now passing them off as screenies from a computer. Must have cost you a bundle to bribe the pilot to let you up front for those cockpit shots.

Fantastic set mate and sums up very nicely what this hobby is about, thanks for sharing

cheers

Ken

Excellent set of shots Derek, thanks for sharing, :D

Can I just ask, I purchased the JS41 a while ago, but I notice that some of the airports i.e. YSCH are not listed in the nav computer, do you have to purchase these separately?

cheers Phil.

Excellent set of shots Derek, thanks for sharing, :D

Can I just ask, I purchased the JS41 a while ago, but I notice that some of the airports i.e. YSCH are not listed in the nav computer, do you have to purchase these separately?

cheers Phil.

YSCH is now YCFS in the realworld and in Navigraph if you updated it within the last 1 or 2 years.

Archived