Pre-Pay products

No. Regular customer could be miffed by waiting a week

longer than necessary.One day and 15% discount ia an attractive offer.

It's only 15% discount, not 15% discount and one day early. John revoked the early release in favour of the discount last month.

Cheers,

Derek

This topic has been discussed on here. You can just search for previous threads for the reasons behind the current policy. In general people are quite happy with a 15% discount on a pre-pay policy.

Prior it was a 24-hour download policy however the general consensus is on the savings instead. Consider that 24 hours means nothing on a global basis (or even a week), people have really busy schedules and may not have any advantage of an early download. They will download when they get a chance to out of a busy schedule, therefore it is better to take advantage of making an early discounted payment instead.

Cheers :D

I guess that I wouldn't really see the benefit of "punishing" any part of the customer base... Perhaps it's just me. They would still be a paying customer, and to then punish them for buying a product would seem a bit much in my opinion. I see no problem with it being 15% off and leaving it at that. I happily take my discount (which I am very thankful for "thanks again Orbx!!) and then patiently wait in line for it to be released. I have yet to run into a slow server download here because it can't handle all of the traffic... I think Jay takes good care of ensuring all of that runs smooth and tip top at all times.

Dont take my post before too serious :)

But I agree to Charlie, we should be grateful for what we get. When prepaying we show support. The discount is a great bonus. I would prepay even without discount cause I know what I will get. I know that they will throw it out as soon as it is in a good state and I dont mind getting it the same time as those who havent prepaid.

Archived