Colour Frontier between CRM and PNW

Argharg

Hi,

I was wondering, will be there some kind of patch which will merge a bit the "BLUE" and the "GOLD" autogen around the north of the upcoming CRM region?

Last time I was in Lake Chelan, things became very dry when drive south quiet kickly.

Etienne

Hi Etienne,

sorry but I'm not quite sure I understand your comment. Is your concern that the current NRM presentation of the Lake Chelan area isn't accurate or are you wondering whether the CRM area will be too different from it?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Etienne,

sorry but I'm not quite sure I understand your comment. Is your concern that the current NRM presentation of the Lake Chelan area isn't accurate or are you wondering whether the CRM area will be too different from it?

Cheers, Holger

I would expect the "gold" version to have more autogen desert like tiles, and to me the south of lake Chelan is like that. But I just checked, in the current orbx environment this zone is not covered, so its ok..

Also what is your plan regarding winiard? llike around yakima?

I sorta wonder: does there exist some bit of confusion about the colour (Blue, Gold, et cetera) of the Orbx scenery packages? I see it as merely a means of identifying the broad area of coverage, but I somehow suspect that there are those who think that "Gold" means the package features a greater level of resolution and detail. Which wouldn't be the case, of course -- they're all superb! :)

Or am I all wet?

Actually, it's all very simple, you install your FSX, followed by your FTX followed by your REX. Then AUS SP4 but don't forget the SP4.002, which includes AUS Gold, Blue, Green and Red this has nothing to do with NA PNW or NRM or PFJ nor the upcoming CRM, unless of course you forget to switch in FTX central. However, if you have any problems in PNW then there may be some conflict with UTX or GEX but according to JV this isn't a problem. Now don't get confused here because until now it's been very straightforward. If you have installed the freeware from FTX which will include stuff like YLIL, YMLY,YBLN etc you should also get Ozx and Ants (not the ones in the garden) which are compatible with FTX unless of course it's not. Before all this get your dot net 3.5 for XP which is a 231MB DL. Make sure you have the latest patches, updates and libraries 110315, unless there is a mobile one that visits your town. :D

Etienne,

sorry we have pretty well hi-jacked your original post. I think what you are saying is that when you go south from the Lake Chelan area the country becomes very dry. This is quite true in real life as that region is in the rain shadow of the Cascade Mt. range. In FSX the default scenery for the entire area of the Pacific Northwest is mostly their 'desert tan' crappy landclass. If you look in the "Southern Border of NCA" post in this forum, Holger has provided a map with the boundaries of the various regions and at the present time the southern boundary of the NRM is just to the south of the Lake Chelan area so FSX default scenery will be what you see until such time as CRM is released.

Archived