Comparisons

FoMoCo63

I am a big fan of seeing what things use to look like, compared to what they look like now. In the PNW at WA79 Walter Suttons private strip. The ORBX vs. FSX, the winner by a knock-out in the first few seconds of round one, ORBX. On a serious note, very nice job ORBX I am indeed very pleased.

Posted Image

So you don't think the original FSX version has a pleasing sort of 'minimalist' look that focusses attention on the strip rather than the surrounding scenery?

(smiles to self)

The real question is, if Microsoft would have paid it's scenery and airport designers in a form of currency instead of peanuts and licorice, would it have turned out better? ;)

Great comparison here! ORBX is just fantastic!

So you don't think the original FSX version has a pleasing sort of 'minimalist' look that focusses attention on the strip rather than the surrounding scenery?

(smiles to self)

:lol:

The real question is, if Microsoft would have paid it's scenery and airport designers in a form of currency instead of peanuts and licorice, would it have turned out better? ;)

Interesting question...

Wonder how "Flight" will look like when it is released...

I have to admit it does take direct comparisons like this now and then to remind me of just how much better FSX looks due to Orbx scenery. Very easy to become used to Orbx scenery just being there and really taken for granted TBH. :)

Archived