Carenado Kingair C90

Rimshot

Already posted in pilot lounge but too excited to care! :P This is an awsome release!!! Thanks for the heads up!!! A lot of people will be happy about this. In saying that, I can see a lot of critisizm and negetivity about the flight model on this as it is such an "awaited" specimen. I hope that Carenado will be ready for the tsunami of (perfectionalists) adding their oppinions. As far as I know, this will be the first FSX native KingAir. This plane has been a constant request in many forums on the web, and I know that Carenado will do a great job on it. ;D Sold already!

They've got a new addition to the team - Bernt Stolle - doing the flight dynamics from this point forward, as far as I know. This guy definitely knows his stuff, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Carenado birds start behaving as good as they look soon. I'm definitely on board for this release.

They've got a new addition to the team - Bernt Stolle - doing the flight dynamics from this point forward, as far as I know. This guy definitely knows his stuff, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Carenado birds start behaving as good as they look soon. I'm definitely on board for this release.

Wow, thats good news eh? I haven't really had a problem with Carenado's FDE's out of the box. I feel that I get what I have paid for upon release day. The FDE's that get tweaked, some work for me and some don't. Out of the box, ~30$ is a bargain for Carenado's products. I am fully on board for this release! :)

Maybe I'm one of those guys you spoke of, but seeing Bernt on the team there (he's stated this at Avsim a while ago I think) was really good news.

Please be aware that preferences and opinions are different and some guys (including me) really get annoyed if they buy a plane that looks like model A but flies like that C from the default FSX.

Putting out a new addon aircraft every week usually doesn't lead to high fidelity on the time consuming aspects, which e. g. a good (=believable, not using numbers there) FDE would be. Carenado proved this rule to be very true in my eyes.

So, once again, Bernt will surely enhance the overall picture some guys got from the latest and greatest? Carenado releases and seeing a turbine engine model coming in even stresses the need for this enhancement.

The price factor alone does not always fit here. Carenado releases are cheaper than e. g. Realair ones (lets speak about 10 Dollar difference or so), but if those 40+ Dollars from Realair get flown (by me) while the 30 or so from Carenado stay in the hangar all the time, you can tell which one of them was a good buy.  :)

Maybe I'm one of those guys you spoke of, but seeing Bernt on the team there (he's stated this at Avsim a while ago I think) was really good news.

Please be aware that preferences and opinions are different and some guys (including me) really get annoyed if they buy a plane that looks like model A but flies like that C from the default FSX.

Putting out a new addon aircraft every week usually doesn't lead to high fidelity on the time consuming aspects, which e. g. a good (=believable, not using numbers there) FDE would be. Carenado proved this rule to be very true in my eyes.

So, once again, Bernt will surely enhance the overall picture some guys got from the latest and greatest? Carenado releases and seeing a turbine engine model coming in even stresses the need for this enhancement.

The price factor alone does not always fit here. Carenado releases are cheaper than e. g. Realair ones (lets speak about 10 Dollar difference or so), but if those 40+ Dollars from Realair get flown (by me) while the 30 or so from Carenado stay in the hangar all the time, you can tell which one of them was a good buy.  :)

Do we really need to do this in EVERY new aircraft thread? ....Sigh  :(

Do we really need to do this in EVERY new aircraft thread? ....Sigh  :(

no shit, Im sick of seeing this PC crap all over the place

OK guys, I am starting to get interested. Can someone please give me a reason for buying this plane as I already have the C340? This isn't meant to be a cynical comment in any way, I hope someone can let me know what big differences I will experience if I buy this plane...

OK guys, I am starting to get interested. Can someone please give me a reason for buying this plane as I already have the C340? This isn't meant to be a cynical comment in any way, I hope someone can let me know what big differences I will experience if I buy this plane...

\

Its the worlds most popular business turboprop... Its a Beechcraft... Carenado is making it....hopefully HD... TURBOPROP POWER! STOL...

I contacted Carenado a day ago and asked them some questions regarding the C90,

they answered:

1. It will be part of the "HD-Series" so it'll have HD textures :P

2. They will intigrate 3D gauges !!

3. The release date isn't sure, because it's in early 3D modelling stage.

The C90 looks great.  When I worked on the flightline I refueled a lot of Kingairs.  My personal favorite was the F-90.  I refueled one piston Duke, it is quite a bit smaller than the Kingair.

No doubt there will be the silly arguments between the C90 and the Turbine Duke...kinda like trekkies arguing about which starships are better ;D  They are different airplanes, different sizes and performance envelopes, I don't think one will blow away the other.  They are both cabin class 'personal airliners' primarily designed for cross country IFR A to B transport.  Enjoy both and be glad they are available, otherwise we would be stuck with the default Kingair.

Hope Carenado does a Skymaster :)

Guest strider

The gauges in the Lance look 2d to me, besides a nob or two. I don't own the baron or the 340. I do own the C208B but when you compare that to the RealAir Duke, it looks flat.

The Turbine Duke’s instrument panel and the Reality XP GNS gauges are completely modelled in 3d, that's kind of 3D that I was thinking about.

I guess I'm comparing apples to oranges. Or wishing for apples instead of oranges, lol...

Don't get me wrong I love the Orbx Lance Air but the stuff comming out of Real Air is at the cutting edge ! 

The C340 and Baron has 3D gauges, no doubt. Same goes for the Lancair, one thing however, is this only happening to me or is the radar altimeter supposed to animate in such a "jerky" motion, it doesn't look real.

The C208 does not have 3D gauges.

I haven't tested it thourogly but it happened several times during a flight I had yesterday.

Turing on the pitot head heat? The Radar altimeter is not controlled by pitot pressure though, but it might be a bug.

I haven't tested it thourogly but it happened several times during a flight I had yesterday.

Turing on the pitot head heat? The Radar altimeter is not controlled by pitot pressure though, but it might be a bug.

You know, the problem with forums is it's very easy to make an ass of yourself  :-[ I'm sure I drink too much wine before I write on this forum!!! I was of course not reading anything correctly that day, what I read and what I thought I'd read were two separate things.... I was of course reading altimeter but in my little brain of brains I was reading ASI!!!!  sorry  :-[  Duurrgh...

You Just wait until you fire this thing up....notice all the comments...they know.

Regards TLM.

Archived