Anyone want a Turbine Duke?

6297j

Ive allways liked Real Air software and this one will be no exception. I have allready downloaded and installed the turbine upgrade and will be flying as soon as I have finished some cleanup maintenance on the PC. Its a pity I cant really fly this plane when I go to Avalon this week for the show  he..he.

Ken

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, just got it.    A few problems getting the download link to work though.  Finally sent the link to myself by email and don't know how but that sorted it! 

Had a quick fly. and really like this.    Always liked the piston one but didn't fly it much, mainly because of the noise but also the low speed.  Much better than the piston and the turbine sounds just like it should from inside a cockpit and this one seems more stable when flying.

Haven't looked around the inside much yet.  I do like the possibility of getting rid of those pesky windscreen reflections and the dust.  Might be realistic but on a computer screen I've always thought that sort of stuff best left out.  Got enough dust and reflections on the damn thing anyway! ;);D

I purposely took off from a relatively short runway that the previous Duke wouldn't have been able to and it was fine using two flaps and provided a very good climb with no panics.  I suppose they'll come when I try to land it! ::);)

John

Both my original and the upgrade were downloads and everything worked fine. Sorry to hear about the DVD but I'm sure Flight1 or RealAir will get it solved for you. The one thing I notice about the turbine and I think it was mentioned here, is that during cruise when you pull back the power the sound doesn't seem to change at all. The flight dynamic and gauges responsed but the sound doesn't which really is a show stopper  :'(

The sounds change based on the Prop levers (angle of the blades), not on the throttle lever while in cruise.  That's how it works. 

OK: Because this is a Flight 1 "physical Product"---a Disk, the sale is not recorded in the RealAir database--which the installer checks to see that you have purchased a legal copy of the REalAir Duke on line. the ONLY way to upgrade online would be to purchase the full version, I would imagine. I did that but since my only previius purchase from the real air shop (I have the spits, but that was via Flightsim Store) would be to purchase the full version. I tired this option but the installer kept looking back at the previous purchase, the UPGRADE and insisting that the full version was an upgrade. Real Air changed my code so irtt would work. I would check with them first or wait for the flight 1 version. It is a lovely plane and worth having, at least that is my fiorst impression after a very short flight

thanx for that Cathy, I should be ok then because I  purchased the b 60 downloadable version first , and liked it so much I got the dvd as well(in case they ever turn off the internet. LOL) so it should recognize me in their data base ....thanx again for the heads up

L.t.

this plane Rocks I assumed the update version would "update" your b60 to the turbine model and was ready for that as i also have the Seneca and 340 but to my surprise I get both ....JOY this is a very nice plane I reccomend it highly whatever thats worth ..! lol  ;D

this plane Rocks I assumed the update version would "update" your b60 to the turbine model and was ready for that as i also have the Seneca and 340 but to my surprise I get both ....JOY this is a very nice plane I reccomend it highly whatever thats worth ..! lol  ;D

Well...if you say so mate, I guess I have little choice but to jump on the update bandwagon  ;)

was going to do without it, as I already have the piston engined version, but I see there is an upgrade, albeit still pricey but less than the new complete version.

I know that if I get the turbine version I would slowly stop using the piston aircraft, but upgrading would at least prevent a total loss.

Has anyone installed the upgrade, and does it produce a satsfactory experience in the prop-jet version?

Yes Mr. Mac I have had I great experience It slows down when prop pitch is set to fine for the descent  and unlike a piston prop you must start the decent earlier I am not a real pilot but the operation seems nice like the js 41 if you set engine faliure probability to very high and dont watch the temps it will fail. also there is a detailed check list accessible within the vc and alot of documentation on how to fly it. I like the real air even though it does not looked lived in like my seneca and 340 but having these turbo props on this tiny plane is well fast

Posted Image

Well, my 2c worth here.  I purchased the upgrade yesterday and have flown her a fair bit this morning, but to be honest I am scratching my head and wondering why I shelled out $30 odd AUD for another B60.  Yes, the Turbine version is nice and fast, but as far as immersion goes I am left feeling a little bit like I should have just stuck to the piston version.  If I did not already have the Piston version, I would jump at the Turbine package for sure.  I am still enjoying my C340 a lot though, and only occasionally pop back into the piston B60 for that 'shake rattle and roll' and roar of the engines that it does so well.  What I really wish they had done is spent that development time doing a B200, now that would be something I would happily purchase from RealAir.

yes FSX really does need a new B200  :'(  The aeroworxs one always made my smile when I flew it but I dont think its ever coming back for FSX.  Thier website is full of tumbleweed hehe.  Last I heard the team broke up but I would love to be proved wrong.

Flight1 talked about doing a B200 and still might, but haven't heard anything from them lately. But I agree I think there is a lot of demand for one at the level of aeroworks for FSX  ::)

Flight 1did have some nice screen shots on their forum at one time showing the work that had already been done and it looked really nice, and what you would expect from Flight1, lets hope they can finish it?

Cheers

Martin

was going to do without it, as I already have the piston engined version, but I see there is an upgrade, albeit still pricey but less than the new complete version.

I know that if I get the turbine version I would slowly stop using the piston aircraft, but upgrading would at least prevent a total loss.

Has anyone installed the upgrade, and does it produce a satsfactory experience in the prop-jet version?

Bloody thing handles like a twin engine Spitfire!

I dont even know why people comment that there not interested for a pointless reason.  This is a whole new plane as they state, if you even looked at the website?  As far as I am concerned this is the best GA plane I have for FSX.  I absolutely love turbo props! The duke maybe the sexiest GA plane ever built, and I can climb at 4000ft per min yes 4000!!!!!  ;D  So happy with it for many reasons.

The turbine start procedures are dead on! The turbine controls and gauges also spot on.  The interior is fantastic. The sound is bar none. With the RXP gauges I can fly the WAAS approaches and indulge in even more realism.  I personally will most likely not even get back into any of the Hangar queen twins I have, which is all of them.  On a quick flight I hit 310 knts with a 17mph tailwind at 17000 ft! 

A king air? With this thing I dont need that school bus windshield looking thing. I do like king airs but when it comes to looks they dont touch a turbine duke, come on.

Dale:  dumb question, but I thought the C340 was a piston also?

Sorry Ian, I meant that I am still enjoying the C340, and I was having difficulty justifying to myself the upgrade to the turbine duke, when, other than speed, it has not offered much else for the hefty 'upgrade' price.

I dont even know why people comment that there not interested for a pointless reason.  This is a whole new plane as they state, if you even looked at the website?

Yes, I have looked at the website and I know about the engine management that they added. That doesn't change the fact that I don't really care for turbine engines and that I prefer flying low and slow over flying high and fast. ;)

'I think if you pull your mixture level all the way to off it shuts down ..?? no'

I did that but it didn't seem to work.  It could be I didn't wait long enough perhaps Hendriks.

John

If you're in the air the prop will just windmill unless you change the blade pitch (RPM lever).  On the ground it should stop but may take a while.  To be honest I'm not sure what they do - normally I think they pull the prop levers as well to help the prop slow but then put then fully forward before startup.  I'm sure the whole prop pitch thing differs from company to company.

Yes, I have looked at the website and I know about the engine management that they added. That doesn't change the fact that I don't really care for turbine engines and that I prefer flying low and slow over flying high and fast. ;)

For me, another important consequence of the turboprops is that they turn this into a STOL aircraft. That, and the desire for a properly-modelled turboprop, is what will probably sell this to me when I get around to it.

I dont even know why people comment that there not interested for a pointless reason.  This is a whole new plane as they state, if you even looked at the website?  As far as I am concerned this is the best GA plane I have for FSX.  I absolutely love turbo props! The duke maybe the sexiest GA plane ever built, and I can climb at 4000ft per min yes 4000!!!!!  ;D  So happy with it for many reasons.

The turbine start procedures are dead on! The turbine controls and gauges also spot on.  The interior is fantastic. The sound is bar none. With the RXP gauges I can fly the WAAS approaches and indulge in even more realism.  I personally will most likely not even get back into any of the Hangar queen twins I have, which is all of them.  On a quick flight I hit 310 knts with a 17mph tailwind at 17000 ft! 

A king air? With this thing I dont need that school bus windshield looking thing. I do like king airs but when it comes to looks they dont touch a turbine duke, come on.

Does that mean that you like it?

Sorry but I couldn't resist  ;)

Anyway, to be serious, this is certainly on my 'to buy' list.

Cheers

Paul

Does that mean that you like it?

Sorry but I couldn't resist  ;)

Anyway, to be serious, this is certainly on my 'to buy' list.

Cheers

Paul

Yes, yes I do.  I am just tired of people knocking a great product before they tried it.  Also why are people complaining that the upgrade is expensive? $35 is expensive. Thats cheaper than a tank of gas for my WRX.  Man flight simmers are cheap... You would keel over if you knew what I payed for my RC stuff.

Yes, yes I do.  I am just tired of people knocking a great product before they tried it.  Also why are people complaining that the upgrade is expensive? $35 is expensive. Thats cheaper than a tank of gas for my WRX.  Man flight simmers are cheap... You would keel over if you knew what I payed for my RC stuff.

Archived