Port Macquarie news

calum438

• 2 months later...

noticed its not on the road map, any updates?

On target for a release by end of June. Tim is almost done with the autogen annotation, I am finishing off the seasonal photoreal ground, and Graham, Tim and I are all working on the airport precinct with modeling, APX, objects and PR work. This is going to enter pre-pay in early June with a 15% discount fir pre-payers. It should be a cracker of a scenery area!

I thought PMQ had a rwy extension so that DJ could operate 738's in and out of there? If so I hope it's included for my NGX!!!

Sorry, I meant the expansion of the Ramps as in the NEARMap Images?

Looks like Virgin uses Embraer 170 on that route:

Flight: (DJ) Virgin Australia 1193

Departure Date: Tue 17-May-2011

Route: From (SYD) Sydney, NSW, AU to (PQQ) Port Macquarie, NSW, AU

Duration: 0h 55m

Equipment: Embraer 170 (Scheduled)

From their website they use Embraer 170:
/>http://www.virginaustralia.com/AboutUs/Media/NewsandPressReleases/P_005013.htm

Cheers :D

Afaik it has only been upgraded to accommodate Embraer 170/190s and Dash8s so far, there are future plans to upgrade it for 737s by increasing the runway to 18XXm and increasing the ramp size, but it has not been upgraded yet from what I can tell.

The runway at the moment in the new YPMQ scenery is about 1795m, I have no problems with landing 737s there, but then again I'm a pretty hot 737 sim-pilot you know... ;D

I was reading in one of the latest flying mags that the 737 allowance to use 30m runways is to be stopped. These runways have to be widened to 45m to continue the use of 737s. Interesting times ahead.

Archived