[RELEASES] Schedule of releases leading up to xmas

John Venema

Hello all,

I thought it may be an idea to put you all in the picture about the remaining releases we've planned for the rest of this year, most of which are happening in the next week or so :)

Today we are releasing YSCB Canberra, so please support Hugh Johnston's great work on this project if you're a fan of Cessnock and also this great new capital city location.

Then we have the following releases:

YBCS Cairns International  - this weekend or early next week  (~22nd)

NRM Northern Rocky Mountains - late this coming week (~ 26th)

KORS Orcas Island - next weekend or early the week after (~28th)

YBUD Bundaberg - next weekend or early the week after (~30th)

As always, the DVD Limited Editions of each of these products takes between 10-14 days after the download release to be available from resellers.

Whatever the outcome, these should all be available in November, then the whole Orbx team will be taking a big summer break with no releases planned until mid-January at the earliest.

CHRISTMAS STOCKING BONUS!!!

Orbx and the Flightsimstore.com will be launching a special xmas promo soon - any customer who purchases all the download editions of our November releases will get a free bonus airport next year - 2W3 Swanson. So specifically, purchase Lancair, YMML, PFJ, YSCB, YBCS, NRM, KORS and YBUD from FSS and you'll get 2W3 for free (expected to be available by March 2011).

Posted Image

Yours in updates.

Great news John. I wasn't expecting them to all be out in November. Plus the bonus airport also.

Timely point now to thank all the people involved in Orbx for their tireless, world leading, efforts this year. It's been a big year going international.

Well done and enjoy your break. You deserve it.

Cheers

Trev

Sounds Good. With the XMAS bonus deal, you said downloads, what about those who purchase the boxed set? I ask this because with PFJ & NRM I plan to get the boxed set and not the downloads.

It's linked to FSS. This is a deal offered by FSS and Orbx and is restricted to FSS customers (which includes DVDs purchased from FSS). Why? Because we can only track customers to qualify for this offer by using the FSS sales database, which is not possible with other resellers. That said, other resellers may be able to offer similar promotions with Orbx if they approach us about it.

The releases coming this month sound good to me as ive prepayed, But having spent around one hundred pounds this month on these releases i will have to wait and purchase 2w3 Swanson when it is released next year im afraid the pot is now empty.

cheers

Iain

Wow, buy 8 get 1 free.  Isn't it a bit demanding, especially for Xmas? 

Buy 5 get 1 free --- I'll definitely go for it and it's more reasonable.  "Joy to the World" rather than "Joy to those Richests"

How about no offer at all? No problem for me to retract it. Sheesh!

I don't know how long it took to make PNW but I imagine it was a considerably long time. I can understand the team responsible were probably working on PF as the development of PNW was coming to a close but it was still about a year between the two releases. And now NRM is coming just a few weeks later? I'm not for a minute suggesting that anything is being rushed out in time for Christmas but can we expect the same level of detail with NRM in terms of airport and scenery enhancements as we got in PNW?

All I am asking is - how do you do it? Do you have a much bigger team now in comparison to a year ago?

All I am asking is - how do you do it?

Coffee.

Actually both PFJ and NRM have been in development simultaneously since right after PNW was released,

and having just completed a full tour of all the NRM airports Neilâ„¢ has worked his magic on (Every single airstrip within the coverage area!), let me just say this... your all in for a treat :)

All I am asking is - how do you do it?

Coffee.

Actually both PFJ and NRM have been in development simultaneously since right after PNW was released,

and having just completed a full tour of all the NRM airports Neilâ„¢ has worked his magic on (Every single airstrip within the coverage area!), let me just say this... your all in for a treat :)

As long as it's just coffee  8)

Thanks. Sounds great! 

As long as it's just coffee  8)

The guys are busy as robots. Look at that list, it's amazing. I can't even earn money fast enough to follow and if I do, I don't have time to fly.  :D

I expect them to get their coffee intravenously, there can't be another explanation for this amount of great work done in such a short time.

Let me explain.

All these eight projects have not been cranked out over a short period of time. (I wish we could, let me tell you!!) Six of them took 12 months each to make. One of them took two years to make. And KORS has taken about five months so far.

So to be fair on the developers, these are not rushed in time for Christmas but rather, their development cycles have all ended at roughly the same time, and that's more coincidence versus design.

Let me explain.

All these eight projects have not been cranked out over a short period of time. (I wish we could, let me tell you!!) Six of them took 12 months each to make. One of them took two years to make. And KORS has taken about five months so far.

So to be fair on the developers, these are not rushed in time for Christmas but rather, their development cycles have all ended at roughly the same time, and that's more coincidence versus design.

A happy coincidence nevertheless, for all of us  ;D

well... I didnt know Canberra was made by the same guy who made Cessnock.  Its definitely moved up in my list of priorities.

I almost got the Lancair yesterday but Im really glad I didnt.  I do have that financially squeezed guilty feeling.  Its hard to explain.  I just wanted something new.

Now its only Melbourne that I'll have to "force myself"  ;D to get.  Oh my...

Good to know I have till the end of the year. 

one more thing:  Where is swanson sw3?  what airports are near?  what cities are near?

It would really help if airport advertisements/mentions always included nearby geographical points of interest.  just a thought.

Have now ordered the lot, not installed as I await ipatiently for the new I7 980 overclocked to arrive soon. Looks like I'l fill ths SSD! Well done to all and OX3.3 to come as well. Looks like I wont notice winter :-)

Not all are in the sig yet.

Alex

Archived