FS Passengers

chumley

I love it!

It isa a great simulation for passenger ops, and goes as far as allowing you to own your own company, buy your aircraft, service your aircraft, and even simulate a career mode for your created pilot wherein you have to start at a small GA and move up through the ranks.

The in air simulation is as forgiving or harsh as you make it. You can have it punish you for not using flaps on takeoff to punish you for too hard of a landing.

In summary, I highly recommend you purchase it!

I can only recommend it, I always considered it as the best value for money you can get in the category of general enhancements addons. I use it if only for its failure generator (which does not only have a wide range of effects, but also track the state of your plane through time) and its log, but I enjoy the cabin crew enhancements and the airline economic "simulation". It's free to use in a set area for demo, so you should definitely try and see first!

I don't recommend it. Look up my user name on their forums to see the difficulty I had with them. I wanted the program too for failures but I rarely use it now. If you look at their forums, you will see that many people have had issues running the program without problems. Apart from that there is NO support. Instead I had some random guy who was not an administrator tell me what an $56 :)ole (I hope that makes it obscure enough) I apparantly am for asking for help and not just accepting that it doesn't work. The actual admins couldn't help either. After searching the web, I found loads of people with the same problem and same response. I was pretty angry.

When compared to the support you get at Orbx and REX amongst others, I would say avoid this program.

Oh, and I was told quite impolitely that the programmer of FSpassngers is too busy with family life and programming to deal with my query. When I questioned the business ethics of this, I was told that I should simply understand this. Forgive me, but I think a lot of us have a family life and families to support, and also work. He is not special. If he (Dan the creator) is going to put a product online for sale for $40 and then justify not supporting it through family, there is no excuse (so we shouldn't go out to work to support our families??). It's too easy to say you're busy. If that's the case don't release it. Apologies, but don't waste my hard earned money if you can't support it. Most of us have families. Most of us don't have infinite amounts of money. Most of us don't try to convince others to buy stuff that 50% of the time might not work and then ignore you.

Now, you will hear from those who had no problem with FSPassengers saying it's great. Fair enough. However, it is is officially (from their own forums) bug ridden and many people can't even get it to start so it's 

a risk. Take a chance if you want. However, their rudeness and arrogance makes me regret my custom.

Cheers

Steve

I here ya steve31000. I will not support products that are not properly supported...er...you know what I mean. I can rant all day about some products with no support or lacking there of. However I have used this product in XP and it worked flawlessly, but I have not used it with Win 7. I've read that some people have had issue's with it running under the operating system.

Good to check opinions on products forums. A happy man is a well informed man I say.

I actually don't fly without FSPassengers anymore.  Gives that extra little bit of realism and entices me to fly a little more and work towards a goal when flying (I use it in Career mode).  I would however tend to agree with the above comments that there isn't a whole lot of support.  It can be frustrating when there is a problem and it cant be fixed but then again I haven't had an issue with it that I haven't been able to solve myself eventually.  All in all, my recommendation is to go for it if you want some extra realism and to work towards a goal at the same time as enjoying flying.

There is also AirHauler which ok isn't  passenger orientated but support is excellent and the operations are first class for getting your ass to be a pilot, you can feel the stress in yourself when you are on approach and landing as you can really write off your aircraft, its great fun  :) 

I have Air Hauler and am happy with that purchase but wanted something a little more challenging in the following of 'flying rules'.

I have been using the demo for a couple of days and to date no issues and with Win 7.

Perhaps running FS in Admin mode (recommended by the Air Hauler programmer) helps.

However, I'll trot on over to their forums and take a look at what is said.

Thanks

Andy b

I think steve had problems loading the full program after installing the demo, if I remember right he had to uninstall FSUIPC4 first and then install the FSP to get it to work, although this may not happen to you it's something to watch out for  :)

I uninstalled the FS Passenger demo on a whim that installing in admin might be better before activating the product. After doing so FS passengers no longer appeared in FSX. Through help on this forum and pure luck I got it working several days after purchase by uninstalling FSUIPC and reinstalling it.

By the way, it can also cause conflicts with the EZCA camera addon.

steve31000, I find you a little bit unfair to the FsPassengers dev, Dan, and the FsP forums. Dan wasn't around when you had your problem, people were actually trying to help you there, and in the end your problem was solved within few days and involved FSUIPC, right? I don't think that's a good reason to go around other forums shaming the dev and making all the assumptions you are making about Dan, while you actually never interacted with him during these few days (and yes, he's probably not the only dev around that might be absent for a few days and rely on his forums to help people with a problem). You're making some nasty statements about him here, while I on the other hand think he's got as much ethics as other good devs. I'm not involved with FsP, but I was a beta tester for FsPX, and you'll find some other members from the orbx forums that were too, and I really think Dan doesn't deserve the bad name you're giving him here. Just my 2 cents on the topic, I felt I couldn't remain silent on this topic.

My comments about the developer were based on the fact that many, many other posts exist on their forums are saying the same thing and have been since a long, long time - that there is no support from the developer. That is not my opinion alone. Look, I don't know the guy, and I'm sure he's a nice guy but as a consumer that is not in question - the point is related to business ethics and is not personal. Please keep the two things seperate

Of course there's nothing wrong with someone not being around for a few days or weeks but many, many other users on their forums and others for over a year now (go check it out, I am not exagerating) have had no support and were told the same thing about him being too busy - a year is not a few days. There is a bit of a difference there.

Secondly, when you send an email to him through the FSPassengers website, an automatic screen comes up saying how busy he is doing other programming and that he can't get back to you soon. This I believe, is not the consumers problem and does not look very good to the consumer who can't get their new product to work. If you buy something that is bug ridden for a considerable number of users (this is established), then at least support it a little bit; don't charge $40 and expect  much sympathy if you don't. Not everyone is loaded with money to burn.

And in relation to your point about how people were trying to help me. I was never impolite to any of the admins but they gave the same answers to me that they give to tons of other people on their forums with problems - that they can't really help other than offer basic advice like did you turn UAC off. What I had a problem with was that there was some other 'regular' user coming on telling me that I had no right to expect better customer service in the rudest manner. Strangley enough, there were several other regular members on their forums who supported me on my polite query and said that support had been non-existant for a long time.

Frankly, I find it surprising that when someone makes a legitimate complaint, there is someone there to tell you that you're wrong. Well, if that's the case, there's a heck of a lot of people on their forums that must be wrong then. Make you're own mind up. I am certainly not trying to bad mouth anybody, I have better things to do with my time.

$'s, €'s and £'s don't grow on trees, at least not for most people especially these days. Someone in this forum asked a question. I and others gave answers. There is no right or wrong opinion on such a question but peoples respective experiences as long as they are truthful. I consider myself to be a fair person.

FS Passenger is a top notch program.......love it.  While I don't use it all the time.....I still have my little airline set up in the South Pacific and enjoy the change from time to time.

While others may have had "bad support....."...... I can only rave about the great support I received when I had problems with my install.  Turned out to be self inflicted but Dan got me back up and running with no stress and rather quickly I might add.  Can't speak for others....but I have nothing but the utmost respect for the program and the support of the team.

Cheers,

I've got it but never use it.  Before I fly there is no way I want to waste time buying or hiring an aircraft and going through all that business bit.  There's enough to do to set up a flight without adding to it with that.  Also, you can't actually see the passengers so I reckon only half of what they should have is there!

John

Archived