Orbx announces FTX AU Traffic!

Posted Image

Details here: http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html

Orbx is pleased to announced the 2008 planned release for a complete custom AI Traffic pack for the entire FTX AU regions. And 100% freeware!

Meticulously hand-crafted by Mal Walker and a full enhancement of the original VOZ AI PACK, FTX AU Traffic is designed for FSX and will work beautifully with Orbx FTX regions and our existing freeware airports and planned payware airports.

This is Australian AI made from up-to-the-minute real world schedules. Plans incliude all RAAF military movements and the progressive introduction of other light commercial and GA movements, also based on real-world schedules.

The AU Traffic pack also include custom liveries and repaints to match all current carriers and operators who service Australian airports.

sounds great!

hope you can make some kind of on/off switch for those using other traffic programs outside of region.

Keep us informed, you guys keep giving and giving  THANKS!

Dave

:o John You guys are the best!

Ive been flying these flightsim's for years and  I always said to myself I wish we had some good scenery for Australia. It took a while but You guys have made and are making the best stuff this hobby has ever seen.

Keep it up please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rod...

Come on John. How do you expect to make a living if you keep releasing stuff for free!

Maybe you should put a donate link on the front page! No, I am not joking. :-)

Steven.

Simple reason for this being freeware - it's a labour of love by Mal Walker and he uses freeware AI models and repaints and therefore we cannot charge for it. Orbx is just doing the bundling, branding and distribution for it. Bandwidth is cheap :)

If you really are keen to donate to Orbx, just go ahead and purchase more copies of FTX - give them to your mates and call it donation ware  ;D ;D

That sounds fantastic, you guys rock!!

One question, at present, because of the specs of my computer, I have my traffic slider wound back to almost nil. How will AU Traffic affect frame rates/performance?

Cheers

Tony

That sounds fantastic, you guys rock!!

One question, at present, because of the specs of my computer, I have my traffic slider wound back to almost nil. How will AU Traffic affect frame rates/performance?

Cheers

Tony

All AI Traffic in FSX will affect frame rates, regardless. Some AI addons are more frame rate friendly than others. Ours will be very good on FPS, but again, it's all down to sensible use of the traffic sliders proportional to your PC hardware specs.

Fantastic news John. Just wondering would it be possible to have the entire worldwide flights for the airlines that come here? You could then add any other world airlines you fancy seperately.

Might be too big a task, but just a thought.

Regards Michael.

Come on John. How do you expect to make a living if you keep releasing stuff for free!

Maybe you should put a donate link on the front page! No, I am not joking. :-)

Steven.

Simple reason for this being freeware - it's a labour of love by Mal Walker and he uses freeware AI models and repaints and therefore we cannot charge for it. Orbx is just doing the bundling, branding and distribution for it. Bandwidth is cheap :)

If you really are keen to donate to Orbx, just go ahead and purchase more copies of FTX - give them to your mates and call it donation ware  ;D ;D

I actually did that with my coupon for winning the screenshot comp over at voz, I gave it to a mate that didnt have the means to buy AU Green due to some job issues.  Makes you feel pretty good, I highly recommend it, I wanted to make sure the revolution didnt pass him by!

I have been having VOZ AI withdrawals since moving up to FSX....this is the second best news I've heard in a while (first is hearing about FTX) ;D.

you can very easily get VOZ ai working in FSX

Is it possible to disable default FSX AI, but use custom AI? Also is it possible to make this AI pack with a ON/OFF mode aswell?

I'm amazed with all the work you at Orbx are doing for the flightsim community! Keep up the great work! :)

Having a fairly slow computer I haven't had any experience with Traffic programs.  After my upgrade I am looking forward to seeing other planes in the skys besides myself but one question?  When it comes to rural airstrips can you easily up the traffic to levels to lets say 2 or 3 piper cubs a couple of 172's and maybe a ultralight.  These aircraft would be doing 10 to 20 landings and takeoffs in a hour and maybe flying over to a nearby airstrip of 10 miles away and coming back.  In other words make the skys very busy in a small geographic area only.

Roy

I am assuming that the frame rate hit will be similar to the other AI traffic. Although my system is not slow... I have to have AI planes turned off at large airports to get away from the slide show. Is there a way to minimize the file size of these planes like they did with the trees and clouds?

Also on the DONATE subject. It was a tough decision but I will volunteer to accept a donated copy of GOLD from someone who "donates" to ORBX. I know that it's a tough thing to do but I am prepared to do this for the good of Australia. AUSSIES ROCK!  ;D

Thanks for your labour of love, Sir Mal.

Two questions if i may.

Will you have percentages in the flightplans and if so will you keep them on the low side?

Just to allow us to keep the AI slider down.

Have you cracked the problem with the models not showing when using DX10 mode?

ie: only showing in white/grey in flight.

Looking forward to another FTX masterpiece.

Regards

Trevor

OMG,

This will be the last straw!

My old girl is bitchin about being an FTX widow now, I reckon the black bags under my eyes are attractive, even if she doesn't....hahaha

Roll on the free stuff, guys!!!

Frank

P.S. I should get her a FTX Widow T-shirt for her birthday....

Hi guys, I'll try answer a few questions.

Just wondering would it be possible to have the entire worldwide flights for the airlines that come here? You could then add any other world airlines you fancy seperately.

Might be too big a task, but just a thought.

Regards Michael.

The AI will have limited overseas Airline flightplans, but you will be able to disable anyone of the Airlines seperately.

Is it possible to disable default FSX AI, but use custom AI? Also is it possible to make this AI pack with a ON/OFF mode aswell?

Yes you can disable the default AI by removing the traffic bgl file.

I'm not sure about an on off mode we would have to speak to the gurus who know how this works.

Thanks for your labour of love, Sir Mal.

Two questions if i may.

Will you have percentages in the flightplans and if so will you keep them on the low side?

Just to allow us to keep the AI slider down.

Have you cracked the problem with the models not showing when using DX10 mode?

ie: only showing in white/grey in flight.

Regards

Trevor

Yes the percentages will be considerably lower than the new FS9 release.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about DX10.

When it comes to rural airstrips can you easily up the traffic to levels to lets say 2 or 3 piper cubs a couple of 172's and maybe a ultralight.  These aircraft would be doing 10 to 20 landings and takeoffs in a hour and maybe flying over to a nearby airstrip of 10 miles away and coming back.  In other words make the skys very busy in a small geographic area only.

Roy

The GA aircraft will be in a seperate AI package and probably not this year, but there will be a lot of them.

Archived