First flight to new Orbx Idaho Fire Lookouts

It's ikbenik's fault. He posted a great set of screenshots, "My Visit to the Idaho Fire Lookouts," thus showing that Milo's newest artwork was released. I raced to the Orbx store and got my download. Set up my Firefox at IDSHE Sheepeater and was blown away -- it's even better than promised. Beautiful! So I fired up my Firefox and raced down the slope into a perfect takeoff. Ha! Take that, Milo! I banked around and set up a perfect approach, touched down right at the lip, discovered I was way too fast, hit the brakes, and nosed over into a classic flip. As the screen faded into derisive muttering, my last view was of my poor little plane lying upside down on Milo's wonderfully rendered strip. ibenik tempted me and it's his fault. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Haha 2

Most fun I've had in ages with so many awesome places in a relatively small area, much like Ken's PNG offerings.  I've even tried the Juice Goose ATV on a few of them, esp the Trinity Mtn trail.  About 2/3 the way up I started to get white knuckles hoping I didn't fall down the mountain side before making it to the top.  There's another strip just came out 3U2 Johnson Ck that very nice and of course we have our own McColls to the west.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2024 at 4:06 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

It's ikbenik's fault. He posted a great set of screenshots, "My Visit to the Idaho Fire Lookouts," thus showing that Milo's newest artwork was released. I raced to the Orbx store and got my download. Set up my Firefox at IDSHE Sheepeater and was blown away -- it's even better than promised. Beautiful! So I fired up my Firefox and raced down the slope into a perfect takeoff. Ha! Take that, Milo! I banked around and set up a perfect approach, touched down right at the lip, discovered I was way too fast, hit the brakes, and nosed over into a classic flip. As the screen faded into derisive muttering, my last view was of my poor little plane lying upside down on Milo's wonderfully rendered strip. ibenik tempted me and it's his fault. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

great lil story there, Rodger.
Even though I've already spend soooo many hrs. making these. I actually spend all my time flying them, mostly landing in something like the doubleEnder.

Glad to see everyone enjoying them. I know they some can be a tad unrealistic, but that was the idea, so everyone could enjoy them, Helis, lite aircraft and 4x4.

I wanted to see how these went as they are a bit different. They kind of present themselves a bit like a landmark pack with a crossover to multiple airports. I think they have been accepted quite well so far. So there will be more like this in the future. I may take change the format a bit. This is a big pack and from watching multiple twitch streams, the pack turns into a multi stream completion lol.

Milo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Milo Taylor said:

great lil story there, Rodger.
Even though I've already spend soooo many hrs. making these. I actually spend all my time flying them, mostly landing in something like the doubleEnder.

Glad to see everyone enjoying them. I know they some can be a tad unrealistic, but that was the idea, so everyone could enjoy them, Helis, lite aircraft and 4x4.

I wanted to see how these went as they are a bit different. They kind of present themselves a bit like a landmark pack with a crossover to multiple airports. I think they have been accepted quite well so far. So there will be more like this in the future. I may take change the format a bit. This is a big pack and from watching multiple twitch streams, the pack turns into a multi stream completion lol.

Milo

Milo, a question -- is there a map that shows where these actually are in Idaho?

28 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Milo, a question -- is there a map that shows where these actually are in Idaho?

I watched a YouTube video by Jonathan Beckett, he had them on his little navmap. Maybe check that out Rodge :)

• Thanks 1