Move P3D from hdd to ssd drive?

I have P3Dv4.5 on my hard drive. It's great when it loads...but it takes for ever to load, then for ever again to load the scenario! I'd like to move it from hard drive to ssd, can I do this without uninstalling from hard drive then reinstalling to ssd?🤞.

Don McIntyre

Pretty sure you will need to reinstall the main sim files but content and scenery etc should be ok to copy across. 

Unless you get a better suggestion here's what I would do:

Create a mirror image of your P3D folder in the SSD.

Make a copy of the Lockheed Martin folders in your appdata and programdata folders so your settings are available if they don't save.

Uninstall the sim. 

Go to the LM site and download the core sim files only to install (can't remember what they are called) and install to the SSD. Hopefully this creates all the registry entries but leaves the appdata etc intact. 

The other LM components should be available to the sim, and if you have lost your controls and other settings than overwrite the appdata and program data folders with your saved ones. 

Your Orbx Central will need to be resync'ed but that's an easy process. 

Once all is good, delete the entire LM folder from the old drive. 

13 hours ago, donbrindles said:

I have P3Dv4.5 on my hard drive. It's great when it loads...but it takes for ever to load, then for ever again to load the scenario! I'd like to move it from hard drive to ssd, can I do this without uninstalling from hard drive then reinstalling to ssd?🤞.

Don McIntyre

Assuming that P3D is not installed on your C drive:
If you clone the HDD to the SSD and then give the SDD the HDD's drive letter, you will not need to do anything else.

• Thanks 1