Glenn Miller

Spike Jones - Clink! Clink! Another Drink

Artie Shaw

Tommy Dorsey With Buddy Rich

Count Basie With Nancy Wilson

NANCY WILSON LIVE - GUESS WHO I SAW TODAY

Sarah Vaughan Key Largo (2006 Remaster)

Frank Sinatra - New York, New York (Live At Budokan Hall

Frank Sinatra - Summer Wind (Live in Concert)

Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World

BUDDY RICH IMPOSSIBLE DRUM SOLO ENHANCED (4K 60FPS - Prologue/Jet Song)

AMERICAN PATROL - GLENN MILLER

Wartime Dancing (WWII)

Spike Jones Hotcha Cornia at Corona Naval Hospital WWII

1940s 16mm Film Soundie - SPIKE JONES - PASS THE BISCUITS MIRANDY

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to combine my response to this post, Adam, with Rodger's TWMT.

Until it closed several years ago we had here a really fun restaurant called the "56th Fighter Squadron."  The food was very good, basic fare.  But the theme, ambiance, and location was perfect for a military veteran/retiree, history geeg, and aviation nut.  It was located at the edge of KFRG, Farmingdale Republic Airport.  The view out the windows overlooked the ramp.and Runway 14/32.  But in the foreground there were a couple Republic P47s which had been built at this field.  The restaurant was decorated as a WW2 Officers' Club in Europe during the War.  And of course this was the music played over the sound system: Andrews Sister, Argue Shaw, Glenn Miller, and all the others. Wife and Mother indulged me, but it was a great favorite of mine while it lasted.

Thanks for.sharing these. Great memories. Though I must say, my Mom could never understand why I liked this music.  She pointed out that it was the music of her generation. Actually I never cared for most of the music from "my" generation.  But then mom insisted that I was fifteen years older than she was.  She was 25 when I was born, but she figured I was 40.

Ken

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was born in the early forty''s so I grew up listening to big bands and everything up to today's so called music.ah, crap, which I refuse to acknowledge. I mainly listening to the music I post plus real jazz and contemporary or smooth jazz today. :)

• Like 1