photgrammetry & fs birds questions

wain71

Firstly sorry about the spelling, it's one of those words I can't get right.

so what's the cause of the melting buildings? is it internet speed, is it a PC issue or something else, I looked around with it on and there's a warehouse I know well, you can see the logo and their trucks but their melting....

FS Birds, I asked about this before, anyway I bought the UK version, do they spawn randomly ? I haven't seen any yet...

I think it is just the same reason as when zooming in close in Google Maps satellite view in an area enhanced with 3d buildings and vegetation. There you also get the same kinda melted buildings and trees, even worse than in MSFS with Bing 3d photogrammetry (I usually write PG, cause me too can't spell this word correctly 😂).

But to my taste PG still looks far better than non PG.

Edited by wolfko
  • Thanks 1

Re Birds:-

https://www.southoakco.com/support

I have installed FS Birds, why I am not seeing any birds?

• First, please ensure that you are loading in the correct region that is covered by the FS Birds package that you have installed. Next, please verify that that in your Flight Simulator content manager, FS Birds shows as being installed. If it is not, please re-install. Rest assured, the birds are visible frequently, especially near the ground (like most birds in the real world). Each bird model is in an animated loop that flies in various directions around that center point. Some animation loops are as large as one mile, so looking for the birds at the center point of that loop is not the most likely spot to see the birds. Additionally, you can find the birds animation center point in game via the following method (PDF file with how-to pictures, click here😞 1.Enable developer mode in the game. 2.Enable the debug model LODs via the developer mode. 3.Use the drone camera to move towards the LODS that appear in the air. You should be able to see "Floating" LODS in the air, which is where the center of the bird animation is. The birds should be nearby. Start by looking near any runway end, there should be birds nearby every runway threshold in the package. If you have a 3rd party airport covering the area in which you do not see the birds, please see the topic above.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought I would post something here instead of starting again, I was flying into Southampton the other day and 4 quite large birds suddenly flew up and across me as I was on final, it made me jump but was really good, I've never seen this before, at the time I was flying on the Xbox.....