KSAN install - the solution

BAW9DV

Ok,

Like many here, I found that the new San Diego KSAN scenery installed using OrbxCentral, but did NOT show up in the scenery.   Several attempts to uninstall and reinstall did not work. 

But I found the problem.

When OrbxCentral installs, it places the scenery into a subfolder inside PACKAGES called COMMMUNITY - yes, you see it right !    The spelling is incorrect and if, having looked into the PACKAGES Folder above the normal Community Folder -

C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages . . .

You should see and extra folder:-

COMMMUNITY   <--

COMMUNITY

OFFICAL

Note that the above is the default install path for MS Store purchasers, Steam purchasers location is different.   The solution I found was to copy the actual installed product folder, located inside this new erroneous COMMMUNITY Folder:-

bmworldamsim-ksan-san-diego (folder name)

And place it inside the normal COMMUNITY folder, along with your normal scenery.

For me, I usually install my Orbx products into a different folder on another drive and then after it is installed by OrbxCentral, I get a "link" (a folder with a TICK mark on it) that links the installed prroduct to my Community install.   This time I did not get the link!  And only when I looked into the PACKAGES folder above the Comunity folder, did I see the erronous install.

Orbx, please correct the install path for OrbxCentral ?   I hope this helps you chaps.

Regards,

Lee

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Lee,
thanks for  sharing that.
The problem was found on Friday, but as is so often the case, Murphy's law meant that it was

just too late to correct it before the Orbx shop floor closed for the weekend.
It is a very small job to fix it and it is at the top of the list for Monday morning, Australian time.
In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Lee,
thanks for  sharing that.
The problem was found on Friday, but as is so often the case, Murphy's law meant that it was

just too late to correct it before the Orbx shop floor closed for the weekend.
It is a very small job to fix it and it is at the top of the list for Monday morning, Australian time.
In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

No problem Nick,

Just happy to help.   So you chaps completely shut down for the weekend?   Ok, that explains why my email has not been replied to yet!

It's all good . . .

Regards,

• Thanks 1

Hello,
as you can see, not everyone goes home for the weekend,
or I wouldn't be here either.
However, quite reasonably, I think, those that work full time 
take the weekends off.
By the way, the installer is still, 1806 hrs, GMT,  installing into a Commmunity folder.

• Like 1

Just bought KSAN and no - the problem isn't fixed. Have had the same trouble (communityfolder with three m in the middle) but the solution given by Lee worked. Thanks Lee. 👍

I'm sure it will be fixed finally soon.

Kai

P.S: the wrong communityfolder (with three m) contain the KSAN-folder with the downloaded content, but without the version.txt-file. In the right communityfolder exists a KSAN-folder with only the txt-file, which will be important for updates. But its name is different than the folder in the wrong communityfoilder - see screenshot.

I'd like to megre both folders. Should I use the folder in the right communityfolder?

Screenshot 2023-10-10 134218.png

Edited by The Merowinger
  • Like 1

Hi Nick!

How are you?

I can confirm that the problem hasn't been solved until right now aka October 11th, 2023 11:45 GMT.

Both options for the installation are still ending in the bespoke ...\Commmunity folder - with three "m".

Hope you will find a solution.

Have a good day!

Bert

FS MAGAZIN

Hello Bert, 
I am well, thank you, you too, I hope.
As I mentioned, I have asked for a bit more correction to be done.
For me, the installation into an Orbx library is now fine:

13.jpg

12.jpg

Is it not the case for the customers?

The installation into the MSFS Community folder still needs work.

Hi Nick!

All fine here in the German Outback but winter is coming with low temperatures and rain - I hate that 😉

I've just tried it again: When chosen to be installed in the "Main Library" it is there but it is not availalbe as a "symlink" in the community folder. When chosen to be installed in the MSFS community folder I get the folder

bmwworldamsim-ksan-sandiego

but only with one (!) file inside:

version_bmworldamsim-ksan-msfs.txt

Cheers!

Bert

Edited by Bert Groner
lost word