Can't upload screenshot

sidfadc

Everytime I try to upload a screenshot onto the moving map I get "screenshot failed to upload - can't connect to the server" error

This is followed by a camera stamp on the map (as expected) but the actual picture is blank.

I've used this feature heavily before, I have moved to a new PC however so is it a config setting?  I've setup the folder where Volanta detects where my screenshots are, I've removed/reinstalled the plugin and check all other settings, they appear correct.

Any ideas?

hmm still broke for me, is it anything to do with fact I now fly in 4K?  Screenshots are 4K and I'm wondering if increase in file size is an issue?  Previously I was flying in 1080P with no issues.  I don't see any options in the settings to downscale the images.  I'm using GeForce Experience to take the screenshot and on closer inspection it outputs a PNG file, and the last screenshot I took was a generic wing view and its coming in at 16MB which seems quite large for a screenshot image however the resolution is at 4k.  I reckon this is why its failing in Volanta?

Is this the official forum for Volanta issues because it appears a little dead around here?

Edited by sidfadc

I always resize screenshots down to 2000 pixels wide or max 3000 for a panorama shot, and set the jpg quality to a Max of 90%, that's all you need to show off even the best shot. 

Plenty of free resize programs out there if you don't have a graphics program. 

On 8/16/2023 at 10:57 PM, John Dow said:

I always resize screenshots down to 2000 pixels wide or max 3000 for a panorama shot, and set the jpg quality to a Max of 90%, that's all you need to show off even the best shot. 

Plenty of free resize programs out there if you don't have a graphics program. 

Shouldn't have too, point of the feature is take a screenshot and upload it midflight so it appears on the map for others to see (and like), not fanny about with resizing tools.

3 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Shouldn't have too, point of the feature is take a screenshot and upload it midflight so it appears on the map for others to see (and like), not fanny about with resizing tools.

Then maybe the solution is to download a free screenshot program that saves to a smaller size automatically. Plenty of options out there. 

volanta wants the location of your screenshot and posts direct from there on the fly, we all have editing apps available but the poster doesn't wish to do this, wants to post directly whilst on the fly, it's actually a great feature, I occasionally find it drops out and won't post but usually it's fine, my pics are smaller though as I am 1440 res only...

On 8/17/2023 at 11:25 AM, George Peppard said:

We should have fixed this, but if it's still causing issues drop a line to support at https://Orbx.to/volanta-support and the team there will help you out!

Tested this tonight after you said it was fixed, it isn't for me.  Same error and failure to post the picture on the moving map mid flight.

I raised a ticket via the above link and was told it was being looked into, not sure if this was before/after fix was implemented.  I've had no further updates to the ticket yet.

Edited by sidfadc