P3D v6 patch 3 released

robpol471

It's basically a reinstall of full P3D v6 and its upload is 34GB.

The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 3 contains the following changes:

All fixes and updates from previous patches.
Rendering system performance improvements.
Slight reduction to cloud scatter to make bottom of clouds less dark.
Fixed texture UV wrapping issues at sloped airports.
Various model texture fixes including the Piper, Tornado, CRJ 700, Ohio Class Sub, commercial airliners, countermeasures, ground vehicles, water helipads, and shacks.
Fixed various autogen textures that were too dark.
Fixed various water elevation issues.
Fixed issue preventing custom weather themes from saving correctly.
Fixed issue where legacy FailureActions would not load correctly due to missing ObjectReferences.
Various scenery updates including KLAX, PACV, DC, Rome, North America, Europe, and Oceania.
Fixed various water issues including European and Alaskan lakes.
Fixed various issues with building density and generalization.
Improved collision detection performance.
Improved bullet collision fidelity.
Added Camera Control UI in Views menu to allow for easier camera manipulation and saving.
Reduced default bloom values (requires deleting Prepar3D.cfg in %appdata% directory or running “Delete generated files” in the application directory).
Fixed issue with flight plan file path being saved as absolute path in fxml files.
The flight planner UI is now available in SimDirector.
Fixed issue where add-on text to speech voices would not select properly with dialog actions.
Added separate day/night intensity control to dynamic lighting PDK. Added scalar for dynamic lights using legacy light PDK versions to increase intensity during the day

thanks for the heads-up robpol471.

I'll race you there; loser buys the pints!

Hoping that, after new installation,  I'll be able see around the aircraft cockpit and panel at all time of the day and night (instead of groping around in the dark)

Rod

EGBB beer-night tonight

12 minutes ago, rod321 said:

Hoping that, after new installation,  I'll be able see around the aircraft cockpit and panel at all time of the day and night (instead of groping around in the dark)

Rod

EGBB beer-night tonight

Hi Rod,

I also hope they solved the light problem between day and night but I will know after the long download of 34 GB and installation.

1 hour ago, rod321 said:

Rod

EGBB beer-night tonight

Unfortunately, at least for me, this patch did not solve the day/night light problem.

If during the day in P3D v6 Options - Lighting - Brightness Adjustment is at 0.00 during the day, I have to set it to 0.50 if I want to see the airports correctly lit at night.

Hi robpol471 

absolutely the same; drats, double drats and triple drats!!! We are not alone. Hundreds of us, with v6, cannot get into a plane and fly at dawn, dusk and night. VERY EMBARASSING. That is kind of OK with me, because I still genuinely enjoy (daytime) P3D flights, even though I've got a limited and impaired set of planes (except resurrected Real Air Turbo DukeV2) and no 3rd party (airport) scenery. 

It's not really as comical as this reads.

Yet, I still have faith that things will improve. Logically, it "can only get better". C'mon LM, communicate to us real people! Where's the replies in the P3D forum? Where's the replies in ........

And I am enjoying flight simulation, potentially times 3; I've got P3Dv5.4. P3Dv6, MSFS 2020. (Wow!)

Rod

EGBB later today, england women v colombia (for whom I'm sittin' on £5 @ 40/1 to take world soccer title), another (exciting) dilemma for me

Just making sure - you have deleted the two shader folders, as detailed in the installation instructions? (Plus deleting the cfg file?)

I have yet to install the patch as I am waiting until I have a good clear downloading time.

Aussie

(Come on the Matildas)

• Like 1

Hi Aussie123

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: "Is it possible that Matildas play Lionesses in the final?

Back to the humdrum. I've got great news, and hope robpol471 is listening. The planes lights do light up the cockpit and panel (in a really convincing effect that is not over-bright) as long as the window Time&Season\Time of Day does not read "DUSK" or "DAWN". In the dawn condition with a dark cockpit, internal lights ON, if you adjust time back a just a little till it reads "NIGHT" then, hey presto, we have illumination. Ditto, in the .dusk condition, if you adjust time forward till "NIGHT" then again the internal lights have effect.

So this is also a work-around and the status quo is a tad better than my previous post. With P3Dv6 you CAN have NIGHT flights also. (As long as you get back before DUSK, when the stage-coach turns back to a pumpkin).

When I had updated the P3Dv6, yes, I deleted 2 things:

C : \ Users\User\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\P3Dv6\Shaders (folder)

and

C : \Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\P3Dv6\CFG (file)

But Aussie123, you've asked us "did we delete the TWO shader folders?" As you see I've deleted one  SHADERS folder. What is the other one?

Please don't tell anyone about my Colombia bet (or my Japan bet)!

• Like 2

I am away from my Sim at the moment, and I forget the actual name of the second shaders folder that I deleted (following V6 updating advice on a clip, on YouTube). I think it was something like 'shadersHSL' but don't quote me on that. Just leave it at the single Shaders folder for now.

BTW: Just watched the Matilda's sudden death penalty shoot-out against France. Nail biting. 7-6 in a 20-penalty spectacular.

Aussie

4 hours ago, rod321 said:

Hi Aussie123

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: "Is it possible that Matildas play Lionesses in the final?

Back to the humdrum. I've got great news, and hope robpol471 is listening. The planes lights do light up the cockpit and panel (in a really convincing effect that is not over-bright) as long as the window Time&Season\Time of Day does not read "DUSK" or "DAWN". In the dawn condition with a dark cockpit, internal lights ON, if you adjust time back a just a little till it reads "NIGHT" then, hey presto, we have illumination. Ditto, in the .dusk condition, if you adjust time forward till "NIGHT" then again the internal lights have effect.

So this is also a work-around and the status quo is a tad better than my previous post. With P3Dv6 you CAN have NIGHT flights also. (As long as you get back before DUSK, when the stage-coach turns back to a pumpkin).

When I had updated the P3Dv6, yes, I deleted 2 things:

C : \ Users\User\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\P3Dv6\Shaders (folder)

and

C : \Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\P3Dv6\CFG (file)

But Aussie123, you've asked us "did we delete the TWO shader folders?" As you see I've deleted one  SHADERS folder. What is the other one?

Please don't tell anyone about my Colombia bet (or my Japan bet)!

Hi Rod,

my problem, and I don't think I'm the only one, is this displayed by these 3 screenshots:

here we are at YMML airport Orbx by day with P3D v6 setting Options - Lighting - Brightness Adjustment at 0.00

https://imgbox.com/zNgidDhl

Here at night with setting 0.00

https://imgbox.com/BUSgyaHt

Here at night with setting 0.50

https://imgbox.com/Amta4AsQ

I fired up the sim not being aware that another patch had been released. I was presented with the update option so continued. That means I didn't delete the cfg or shaders because I wasn't aware. I have post update deleted the cfg file but just wondered. Should I delete the shaders post update or is it too late?

16 minutes ago, Badl4ndz said:

I fired up the sim not being aware that another patch had been released. I was presented with the update option so continued. That means I didn't delete the cfg or shaders because I wasn't aware. I have post update deleted the cfg file but just wondered. Should I delete the shaders post update or is it too late?

You have to bear in mind that Patch 3 is basically a complete fresh install of P3D v6 and therefore you can delete the shaders after installation. I remind you that more than 100 GB of free space is needed on the media for the download and subsequently for the complete installation of P3D v6.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 3:24 PM, robpol471 said:

You have to bear in mind that Patch 3 is basically a complete fresh install of P3D v6 and therefore you can delete the shaders after installation. I remind you that more than 100 GB of free space is needed on the media for the download and subsequently for the complete installation of P3D v6.

I found and decided to run the "delete generated files" routine within the p3d folder. Worked fine with no problems but I have since installed an add-on aircraft. I'm guessing any add-on aircraft or scenery will not be found after using the "delete generated files" routine?

2 hours ago, Badl4ndz said:

I found and decided to run the "delete generated files" routine within the p3d folder. Worked fine with no problems but I have since installed an add-on aircraft. I'm guessing any add-on aircraft or scenery will not be found after using the "delete generated files" routine?

"Delete generated files" I've never used it, but I think it only deletes the installed scenarios.

You can check with Lorby AddonOrganizer free or in P3D v6 - Options - Scenery Library which scenarios are present and reinstall the missing ones and in P3D v6 - Vehicle if there is the aircraft you installed.