CowanSim Bell 206B3 looks great!

Matt McGee

On my laptop right now. (No MSFS)

Perhaps someone else will reply with screenshots before I get back to my gaming PC. 

Anything in particular you want a screenshot of? 

I know Orbx Central has the updated version because I can click on the headsets and they disappear.

• Like 2

I'm especially interested in the poly counts and texture updates of the VC on the new version.

MSFS has a graphical quality as if you just can grab the knobs, handles, etc. right of the screen. I do not get that with the two 206's.

I believe 3D models are also called mesh?

Edited by bvdboomen

3 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

I'm especially interested in the poly counts and texture updates of the VC on the new version.

MSFS has a graphical quality as if you just can grab the knobs, handles, etc. right of the screen. I do not get that with the two 206's.

I believe 3D models are also called mesh?

Never heard that. Polygons is a clear difference from scenery. 

43 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Never heard that. Polygons is a clear difference from scenery. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygon_mesh

For the new version of the Bell, I am in particularly looking for this:

• Smoothed out jagged edges on modeling: center window column, switches, door seals and frames, windows and many other parts.
  • Updated several textures and fine details with PBR

On 1/21/2023 at 3:54 AM, bvdboomen said:

For the new version of the Bell, I am in particularly looking for this:

• Smoothed out jagged edges on modeling: center window column, switches, door seals and frames, windows and many other parts.
  • Updated several textures and fine details with PBR

On 1/21/2023 at 12:08 AM, bvdboomen said:

Sorry for the delay, I’m still on the road, but when I get home I’ll post some screenshots for you.

If there are specific interior or exterior locations you want to see, post a screenshot of the default 407 and I’ll try to get a shot of the same spot in the 206B3.

My MSFS graphics settings are pretty high, but my monitor is only 1650x1080, so my screenshots will be limited to that resolution, which is probably less than what sim can display if your monitor and settings are better than mine.

• Like 2

Sorry it took so long, I just got home from some travel.

Here are some shots of the current CowanSim 206B3 (v1.0.2).  My monitor resolution is 1680x1050.

image.thumb.png.6209d1b4e497874f39ca6bb3bf150af9.png

image.thumb.png.460e6c3c6312c66874caccebc30efbf0.png

image.thumb.png.9fa4968398bdd21099a763469188f32b.png

image.thumb.png.60864a7b7e274699b269c9be2bc09e87.png

The product page mentions a known issue, "When full sun and at certain angles pixilated shadows may appear."

I do see this sometimes.  At time 3-4 you can briefly see some pixilation on the instrument panel before it goes back to nice and sharp.

Overall, I'm really happy with the helicopter. :)

BTW, here are my graphics setting.  Not sure how much that is affecting the quality of my screenshots.

image.thumb.png.47906ad7f3e64c0f76956282a01bc46f.png

image.thumb.png.864be340febca68831131c4c3c408fb8.png

image.thumb.png.e4f02c8e13dd24ca457478730c7631ab.png

Hope that helps!

• Like 2