Scenery objects

Rhys01

Hi all

I am very  new to Orbx and enjoying my first purchase which is NZ North Is. I am playing around with FSX object placement tool and having fun creating some small scenery locations 

Is there a master list with images of the objects that have the guild numbers that appear  in the scenery list. 

Cheers 

Rhys 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rhys01 said:

I am playing around with FSX object placement tool

Hello Rhys

I use Instant Scenery 3 for anything I wish to create for FSX and P3Dv4 and 5, I believe it is still available to purchase, check it out.

It is of no use in MSFS2020 though :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2022 at 7:36 AM, Smudger said:

Hello Rhys

I use Instant Scenery 3 for anything I wish to create for FSX and P3Dv4 and 5, I believe it is still available to purchase, check it out.

It is of no use in MSFS2020 though :(

I had Instant Scenery with FSX, and loved it.  Best thing I did with it was to make a decent representation of the American Airpower Museum at Farmingdale Republic Airport (NY) KFRG.  I am glad to see that it is compatible with P3Dv5.  I'll install it!

Thanks, 

Ken

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ken Q said:

I am glad to see that it is compatible with P3Dv5. 

Ken, I don't know if is is compatable with P3Dv5, that is why I still have FSX installed. Anything I wish to create is done in FSX and then I copy it into my P3dv4 and P3Dv5. Up till now I have not seen any obvious anomalies :)

• Thanks 1

Instant Scenery files were placed using FSX but will work fine in P3Dv4 and 5 as the BGL files work the same. You need to have scenery objects with the same GUID in libraries for both simulators or the objects will not display. Most of the default and Orbx objects are the same in both.

Larry

Yes, I agree.  You can also create the placement files in P3Dv3 and use them in later P3D versions following the restrictions that you mentioned.  It is too bad that Instant Scenery cannot be used directly in P3Dv4 or v5 to to place objects since Flight1 never updated Instant Scenery to be able to run as a  module in P3Dv4/v5.