CYTZ elevation still...

19pecker67

7 hours ago, 19pecker67 said:

Do you see this as well?

Hello Pecker

I purchased FSIMSTUDIOS - BILLY BISHOP TORONTO CITY CYTZ P3D4-5 from a 3rd party seller before it became available on Orbx.

This is what I see and the files that should be in the CYTZ scenery folder.

CYTZ.jpg

CYTZ scenery.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2022 at 1:53 PM, 19pecker67 said:

Hi folks, 

my hope was that the elevation issue I face at my Orbx CYTZ is fixed. 

But it is not. 

CYTZ is of higher priority than my CYYZ scenery (FlyTampa). 

Any ideas? 

Pecker

2022-10-23_18-16-48-971.jpg

2022-10-23_18-17-3-842.jpg

This is a known issue - Orbx Vector and the default P3D data have different elevations for Lake Ontario. Since most simmers own Orbx Vector, the scenery was made following that elevation. 

Regardless, we have a fix for those who don't own Vector and have this issue.

Unzip the folder onto your P3D v5 main folder and add it to your scenery library (Options/Scenery Library/Add Area/Browse and select the newly added folder).  Please make sure that the elevation correction package is added BELOW Toronto on your scenery library priority list:

image.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h67d4zg163i0vz/TorontoElevationFixv1.1.zip?dl=0 
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Smudger said:

Hello Pecker

I purchased FSIMSTUDIOS - BILLY BISHOP TORONTO CITY CYTZ P3D4-5 from a 3rd party seller before it became available on Orbx.

This is what I see and the files that should be in the CYTZ scenery folder.

CYTZ.jpg

CYTZ scenery.jpg

Ps: This is definitely not our product. None of those files have been created by us (can't recognize any by filename or date), nor the screenshot match any of our products. 

52 minutes ago, gavanorio said:

Ps: This is definitely not our product.

Hello gavanorio

Without naming the 3rd party seller, this is part of my receipt, can you confirm that it is not your prduct ?

Products Ordered:

1 x FSIMSTUDIOS - BILLY BISHOP TORONTO CITY CYTZ P3D4-5 (update/discount) () = EUR 13.98
Sold by FSimStudios
Delivery Method Digital Information/Your Registration Key: CYTZ-???-

Also, I do not have Vector installed in my P3Dv5, it is not required now.

Edited by Smudger

4 minutes ago, Smudger said:

Hello gavanorio

Without naming the 3rd party seller, this is part of my receipt, can you confirm that it is not your prduct ?

Products Ordered:

1 x FSIMSTUDIOS - BILLY BISHOP TORONTO CITY CYTZ P3D4-5 (update/discount) () = EUR 13.98
Sold by FSimStudios
Delivery Method Digital Information/Your Registration Key: CYTZ-???-

Also, I do not have Vector installed in my P3Dv5, it is not required now.

Indeed that is a receipt for our product, but the files installed don't match the product. It may be that you're looking at a different folder/installation of a different product. 

This product was entirely developed in May, 2022 (see the file dates, except for the last 3 that were an inheritance from an old product of ours). Also note the filenames and sizes. Your screenshot only shows 5 files, dated 07/2020.

It is very likely that your screenshot is an installation of a freeware product instead of our rendition of CYTZ. 

image.thumb.png.078c0ffa53aec9778096a9d007ee4d72.png

2 hours ago, gavanorio said:

Indeed that is a receipt for our product

Problem solved, it is your product, but it is the earlier version you created for FSX/P3D, as shown by the dates below.

My apologies for the misunderstanding :wub:

CYTZ addon.jpg

14 hours ago, gavanorio said:

This is a known issue - Orbx Vector and the default P3D data have different elevations for Lake Ontario. Since most simmers own Orbx Vector, the scenery was made following that elevation. 

Regardless, we have a fix for those who don't own Vector and have this issue.

Unzip the folder onto your P3D v5 main folder and add it to your scenery library (Options/Scenery Library/Add Area/Browse and select the newly added folder).  Please make sure that the elevation correction package is added BELOW Toronto on your scenery library priority list:

image.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h67d4zg163i0vz/TorontoElevationFixv1.1.zip?dl=0 

Hello Gavanorio, 

thanks for the fix -- it works fine! 

In case I purchase Orbx Vector, I assume that the fix needs to be removed, right? 

Should the fix not be added right to your product, since there could be many purchasers without Vector? 

I love CYTZ! Short runways! Pretty scenery of Toronto's city centre! 

Pecker