Help Please - yes again!

Aussieflyer38

As some of you are aware, I recently purchased the Cessna 414 Chancellor, and today I have a problem, regardless of what/how I do procedures, I can't get any of the Garmins to work. Battery - on, Avionics Master - on still nothing. I went Youtubing for a fix, wouldn't be the first time I missed something, but these guys just flick the Avionics Master on and bingo it all powers up, so not sure if to file a support ticket or not. Thanks for all help.

Don 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Have you tried the PMS 50 GTN750 Don? I have it in my four main GA aircraft. It's available free from their site or payware with full functionality. I went freeware for a couple of weeks. Liked it and bought it :).

Thanks Paul. So the GTN750 fitted to the 414 by FSW cannot be activated? One has to purchase/obtain it from PMS 50. If that's the case, it would help if they told you this. I would have assumed they would have at least included the freeware version. I had a look at the freeware version, and like you, I will probably give it a go and if it's what I want, buy the full version. Thanks for the input and info.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Thanks Paul. So the GTN750 fitted to the 414 by FSW cannot be activated? One has to purchase/obtain it from PMS 50. If that's the case, it would help if they told you this. I would have assumed they would have at least included the freeware version. I had a look at the freeware version, and like you, I will probably give it a go and if it's what I want, buy the full version. Thanks for the input and info.   

The one fitted by FSW might be fine Don. I just haven't tried it.

I was simply sharing that I had put the PMS 50 into my 414AW. I liked the GTN750 from my P3D days and purchased one from Flight1 I think. I wanted something similar in MSFS that I could use consistently in different aircraft. This one from PMS seems to fit the bill :).

So, I have installed it in the 414, 310R, Turbo Arrow and PA34T. My next decision will be whether to subscribe to Navigraph! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Hey guys, the FSW C414 has several options when it comes to GPS and GTN. Besides the PMS GTN, it will also fit TDS GTN. Each one of those is good, they both have nice options, so I suggest you look at both (if you don't have either one yet) and then decide which one works better for you. The TDS GTN will also fit all of those aircraft that Paul mentioned. Also Don, the C414 product page does mention, in bold letters, that BOTH the PMS or TDS GTN options require you to own either or both of those in addition to the aircraft. Don't feel bad though, I know it can be frustrating when we miss details like that and it leads us to have to decide on making an additional purchase. It happens to the best of us :D I would link it here for you, but since that is not an Orbx partner, I don't want o push the envelope too much on this discussion ;) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Hey guys, the FSW C414 has several options when it comes to GPS and GTN. Besides the PMS GTN, it will also fit TDS GTN. Each one of those is good, they both have nice options, so I suggest you look at both (if you don't have either one yet) and then decide which one works better for you. The TDS GTN will also fit all of those aircraft that Paul mentioned. Also Don, the C414 product page does mention, in bold letters, that BOTH the PMS or TDS GTN options require you to own either or both of those in addition to the aircraft. Don't feel bad though, I know it can be frustrating when we miss details like that and it leads us to have to decide on making an additional purchase. It happens to the best of us :D I would link it here for you, but since that is not an Orbx partner, I don't want o push the envelope too much on this discussion ;) 

Thanks Landon. Yep sometimes I get a impatient with the reading thing and pay the price, like now, I didn't see the note in BOLD :D, thanks for the extra info. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, paulb said:

The one fitted by FSW might be fine Don. I just haven't tried it.

I was simply sharing that I had put the PMS 50 into my 414AW. I liked the GTN750 from my P3D days and purchased one from Flight1 I think. I wanted something similar in MSFS that I could use consistently in different aircraft. This one from PMS seems to fit the bill :).

So, I have installed it in the 414, 310R, Turbo Arrow and PA34T. My next decision will be whether to subscribe to Navigraph! :rolleyes:

Thanks Paul, investigating my options right now.

• Like 2