Oshkosh coming up!

Ken Q

PilotEdge will be running their "dress rehearsal" for EAA's fly-in for the annual "AirVenture" this week.  A great opportunity for SIM pilots to get a feel for the fast paced and challenging arrivals to KOSH via the "FISK" or "War Birds" arrivals.  Non PilotEdge members can use the free trial that is offered.  See the PE website: WWW.PilotEdge.net for more info.

I'm on my way!

Ken

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 3

PilotEdge and EAA's SimVenture starts tomorrow, 3:00-9:00 PM Pacific Time.   This is a great program, and I recommend it to everyone.

I know a lot of people have trouble with talking to ATC; flight instructors note that this is one of the most difficult hurdles to get their students through.   So, if this is you, and you are uncomfortable with the very thought of talking to ATC, relax. In this program ATC does (almost) all of the talking.  They will recognize your aircraft, ask you to "rock your wings" to establish that you know they are talking to you.  Very occasionally the controller may ask a question which will, of course, require a response.  Or you may have a question for the controller.  This happens rarely, and if it does the controller has still initiated the contact.

Go to the website (PilotEdge. net) look at the SimVenture link, watch the videos, and join in the fun.

I have flown from KHQM to KCHU (on the Minnesota-Wisconsin border) over the last two weeks, with many stops along the way. All of these stops were at Orbx payware or freeware airports.  77 miles to Oshkosh, I'm heading for the Fisk arrival tomorrow.  Love to have company from this Orbx community.  (I'm also planning on participating Friday evening and Sunday afternoon EDT).

Ken

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

I've flown into Oshkosh.  It's a wild ride and a lot of stress/fun.  The ATC folks -- all volunteers -- are absolutely top notch.

For SimVenture it's the same ATC folks.  Trial run for everyone.