PAVD USA-X AND Orbx ALASKAN TERRAIN MESH

PAVD airport came with USA-X update, previously this airport was missing from ASBO. I had Orbx Alaskan Terrain Mesh installed prior to the update which worked fine. When I visited PAVD for the first time it was continually making terrain height adjustments. Thought it was the new USA-X data. I never gave it a thought that Orbx Alaskan Terrain Mesh could be involved. When I removed Orbx Orbx Alaskan Terrain Mesh all is now fixed. Please check yourself, and is there  any point reinstalling Orbx Alaskan Terrain Mesh if new data from USA-X

is better, and make effect further airport purchases.

Kind Regards

Paul   

Edited by Paul Griffiths
  • Like 1

PAVD airport came with USA-X update, previously this airport was missing from ASBO. I had Orbx Alaskan Terrain Mesh installed prior to the update which worked fine. When I visited PAVD for the first time it was continually making terrain height adjustments. Thought it was the new USA-X data. I never gave it a thought that Orbx Alaskan Terrain Mesh could be involved. When I removed Orbx Orbx Alaskan Terrain Mesh all is now fixed. Please check yourself, and is there  any point reinstalling Orbx Alaskan Terrain Mesh if new data from USA-Xi

is better, and make effect further airport purchases.

Kind Regards

Paul   

• Like 1

Good Evening ,Mr Cooper

THE PRODUCT IS MSFS2020 BOUGHT DIRECT FROM THE MICROSOFT STORE. WITH  CURRANT BUILD INSTALLED.

THE LATESTED UPDATE IS INSTALLED USA-X

Orbx ALASKAN TERRAIN MESH  FROM Orbx STORE.

PAVD IS A NEW AIRPORT TO VISIT FOLLOWING USA-X  UPDATE,PRIOR TO THE UPDATE PAVD WAS MISSING.

Kind Regards

PAUL Griffiths

• Like 1

Hello,

thanks.

I would think that this is the result of the by now well-documented problems with Orbx and other developers' mesh products introduced by SU9.

Our developer is hard at work on updates and the NZ mesh update has already been released.

Perhaps it would be better if you temporarily put the Alaska mesh to one side pending the release of its update.

• Like 1

If Orbx know there is problems with this product and it's due updating why is it still up for sale on the Orbx web page. Other people like me may think it was USA-X ,when in fact it was Alaskan Mesh. And will any future update be any better then USA-X terrain update.

Kind Regards 

Paul Griffiths 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've just loaded up a test flight at PAVD with the Alaska mesh installed and I see no problems at this airport.  The only issue I see around the area is that some of the land textures appear to go into the water, which is a common issue with MSFS.  I also didn't see any evidence of mesh popping during a circuit over the town and back to the airport.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

thanks for your enquiry.

The update was released on 16th July, 3 months and 16 days ago.

Are you still having problems?

Yes, I am. I have version 1.2.0, I just double checked. I will load in a little later and get screen shots with and without the Alaska Mesh. I can't think of what else could be causing the problem, but I'll be sure to empty my community folder as well. Thanks for the quick reply. 

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

thanks for your enquiry.

The update was released on 16th July, 3 months and 16 days ago.

Are you still having problems?

I removed everything from my community folder and just installed the Alaska Mesh. I have all world updates installed and products purchased through the Market Place.

The first image from the drone camera shows a ground vehicle driving underground and the broken ground behind it which loads in as I fly the drone towards it.

The second image is from the external camera while taxiing, you can see that I am sinking. This happens all along the tarmac and taxiways. I sink and hover and roll left and right.

It's very bizarre. Valdez with the Alaska Mesh is the only place this happens. Though I will keep a look out for other Alaskan airports. So far, no others, with or without payware/freeware have this issue. Valdez is fine when the mesh is not installed.

The runway itself is fine. Just the taxiways and tarmac have these issues.

valdez-withmesh-3.png

valdez-withmesh-4.png

Edited by Mojave

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I am fairly sure that this issue was identified and passed back to the developer.

However, events in his home country, Ukraine, have overtaken any fix for now.

Thanks. Well as long as it is a known issue and the developer is aware, that's the key thing for me. Though it's curious that John Dow isn't having issues. Hmm...

In any case, totally understand that the developer has much bigger issues to deal with now.

57 minutes ago, Mojave said:

Thanks. Well as long as it is a known issue and the developer is aware, that's the key thing for me. Though it's curious that John Dow isn't having issues. Hmm...

In any case, totally understand that the developer has much bigger issues to deal with now.

I didn't check apron behaviour, so it might be there for me. I'll have a look later, but in reality I never use external view and tend to start flights on the runway when it's not a fully modelled airport. 

4 hours ago, John Dow said:

I didn't check apron behaviour, so it might be there for me. I'll have a look later, but in reality I never use external view and tend to start flights on the runway when it's not a fully modelled airport. 

Valdez (PAVD) is a fully modelled airport as of World Update 10 and yes, the runway is fine, but I always start C&D on the apron. Even from the cockpit though, it's a really rough and undulating ride to the runway.

Interesting.  I was always under the impression that the airport surfaces are supposed to be 'hard' which means they are what the aircraft sits on, not the underlying mesh.  Perhaps Asobo has only hardened the runway here not the rest of the tarmac?